Hey so i have a gibson sg 2009, and a vox ac15c1, i bought the c1 yesterday and I love it, but I hate my SG, I just don't like it, no sustain, and I don't play a ton of ACDC style music, I would reccomend it for other music, but it's not for me. I want a les paul. I will be buying a ts9, but I'm wondering what Les Paul is for me. Price is NOT an issue. I don't want a knock-off, I am looking for a les paul, please I am looking for posts with people with much knowledge, you don't have to something like "I'm not much of a Gibson guy" or something like that. I just want a Les Paul for what I play, I play like GNR, U2, Coldplay, Boston, that kinda stuff, even though there rather different. Yes coldplay, uses strats and teles, but I just saw them live and they also use a semi hollow body, and a les paul. I know I'm not being very nice lol, but my last responses were driving me insane. If you have suggestions for string to that would help. And last thing, I don't want a metal guitar, I don't like metal. Thanks.
Alex Hager - AlexHagerMusic
Last edited by alexhagermusic at Jul 28, 2010,
Go out and play a bunch. The features are all the same on paper. It sounds like you got a bad SG if it doesn't sustain. The one I owned sustained as good as my LP.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
One of these two, perhaps?

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I love my guitar center, but right now they don't have any Les pauls, it's in tacoma, and it's really nice, but they said, nashville flooded so there was a halt in producing les pauls, and tacoma sells alot of em, so there all gone for now. So i really can't try many out
Alex Hager - AlexHagerMusic
That's your only option if you want a decent non CS Les Paul. You've got to try a bunch out and buy the one that sounds and feels the best.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Custom Shop 58 Reissue.

The bottom is a Studio in Classic White.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I have tried a Les Paul Custom that a family friend owns and I was blown away with it.Seeing the bands you commented I played Sweet Child O' Mine and Paradise City on it and it just sounded awesome.I don't have much knowledge on the details of it's structure except the humbuckers and the mapple/mahogany body but you can look it up.I'm not telling you to buy this but I honestly believe you should try it out.
If you could reason with religious people,there would be no religious people.
No, the 58 comes with smaller frets. They're still very comfortable though.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

I'd say just buy a standard LP.. in my opinion a Les Paul is a Les Paul. Love it and it should love you.
Put this in your signature if you've ever saved a child.

Yea thats what i thought.
No, they didn't exist back in 58 so they didn't put them on. They're medium frets.

When you play, you really don't notice, though. Fantastic guitar.

Quote by alexhagermusic
there are many diff standards tho

don't be fooled by gibson's marketing.
Gibson USA is just a marketing gimmick. The Gibson USA guitars and the Gibson Customs might as well be different guitars. You want a guitar with the real lp sound you get a historic reissue that is not chambered with a fat neck.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Edwards Les Paul or Epiphone Elitist if you're budget-minded ($1200 or less).

Unlimited budget? Get one hand built by a custom builder.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
It sounds like you already know what you want, thus UG cant help you any further really. You're gonna have to try out the Les Pauls yourself.