**** that overpriced PRS and Marshall shit, this is where it's at:

Bugera 1960 and Epiphone LP Custom!

Please excuse the crappy pictures. It started storming outside so the flash was creating tons of glare and I don't have a proper tripod so a couple may be a bit fuzzy.

I sold my JCM 800 and Gibson Studio for a profit and picked up this rig instead because honestly it sounds the exact same. The quality coming out of China is so much better than the USA or Custom Shop models and for a fraction of the price. What the hell are they putting in those guitars? Strung with unicorn hair and finished with pixie dust nitrocellulose?

This guitar plays better than any I've ever had before. The finish is sleek and glossy, the neck is thin and fast. The headstock is also amazingly detailed and totally not ugly looking.

The 1960 has JJ EL34Ls in it. It makes the bottom end more aggressive and the midrange slightly scooped, but that doesn't matter since this amp is all midrange anyways. It really outdoes the JCM 800 in every way except in reliability, quality, finish and mojo, but who really cares about any of that, right? Itz teh cheepz!
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Sick! I hear those Bugeras are even better than real Plexis! How is the distortion at bedroom levels? I've been thinking about getting one but I can't wake up my mom and dad during my late night shredding sessions.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
The 1960 has way more gain than an 800. So yeah, definitely and upgrade, man.

Reliability, pfft. All tube amps break.

EDIT: \/

Last edited by TheQuailman at Jul 28, 2010,
Sexy amp and super sexy LP. Ive always wanted that finish LP.

HNG and AD!!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Mod the shit out that head.

Do it.

DO IT NAOW

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Why didn't you just get a Schecter? They are wonderfully crafted and come with awesome stock pickups. At least you did right by the Bugera...

HNGD or whatever.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
I have wanted the Soul of Valves ever since I first picked up the strum stick years ago.

Too bad I has a shitty solid state amp
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
The soul of those valves is shining real hard, man. Look at that. Immaculate quality.
Quote by sg4ever

Quote by CullenT

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
^ I know. It really stands out from the rest of the stuff in that picture, almost as if it doesn't belong.

That's just how damn awesome it is.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Are you finding it hard to believe how enthusiastic I am about this awesome stuff I got?

Quote by ibz_bucket
Why didn't you just get a Schecter? They are wonderfully crafted and come with awesome stock pickups. At least you did right by the Bugera...

HNGD or whatever.

Because not everybody wants a br00t41 Schecter.

And not everybody wants an Agile that they are unfamiliar with.
HNGD
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
Quote by The3818919
Because not everybody wants a br00t41 Schecter.

And not everybody wants an Agile that they are unfamiliar with.
HNGD

i have a schecter blackjack c1 and i can tell you its more versitile than anything ive played
Quote by Tedis1111
i have a schecter blackjack c1 and i can tell you its more versitile than anything ive played
And I won't argue with you. I'm mocking all the kids that think their schecter is so brutal.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
^ Like crap. I paid $700 for this cab with the boutique speakers and it's just not getting there. I'm thinking of getting a Bugera cab to go with the 1960 because it'll probably sound the same too.

MDF = toanz.

you don't even need guitar speakers. that's just a lie. you can use car speakers that are like 20 bucks and it will sound way better.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
thread delivers
Quote by sg4ever

Quote by CullenT

Quote by AcousticMirror

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by Tedis1111

O rly?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

you don't need an attenuator if you use 4 of the little ones 8 of the big ones and 2 of the medium sized ones.

it sounds just like when I put on my van halen cd in my car.
Dude. That's the secret everyone's been missing out on all of these years trying to replicate the VH1 tone. We need the speaker system from a Chevy Nova in a cab.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

ya that's what i have. It wasn't even that expensive. but I didn't go for the period correct doping.
Whatever, you guys are just trying to justify spending lots of money on something because the price very clearly has nothing to do with the quality of the item you're getting.

None at all.

You're right. I sold my Mary Kaye a few minutes ago to a Nigerian prince. I made out like a bandit so I think I'll take the money and buy a stable of Bugeras and Schecters. All I have to do is refund him the difference from the check he sent me and I'll have all the Bugeras I could ever want. When one breaks I can just use one of the others. Why didn't I do this years ago?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Last edited by mmolteratx at Jul 28, 2010,
Quote by Ignite
I am so confused right now.

Everything I've been told has been a lie.

Just sell your stuff to a Nigerian prince. I can forward you his e-mail address if you want. He's a big collector even though he's a political refugee.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

warehouse speakers are working on a reproduction of a 66 impala in cab form right now for me.
Nice, sweet gear man. I have a bugera 1990 and i love it. so i'm sure youll love your 1960, maybe i'll have to get one for my self some day
and i also have an epiphone explorer and i love it dearly..i agree **** that expensive stuff..it's great and all..but you can have a great classic tone for under $1,000 easy with some of the stuff on the market today.
http://www.youtube.com/user/heavymetal1110
My youtube channel

Epiphone Korina explorer, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez GSA60, Ibanez AEG25
The amp: Bugera 1990
Pedals: Ibanez Tubescreamer,wylde od, wylde wah, Tc electronic g major,