i was looking around in my local music store and they are selling a 4x12 windsor cab for $400 flat and a Valve king cab for like $450. are those good cabs? would anyone suggest those? i will be playing thru a bugera 6262 when i can afford these cabs...
I'm sure they're fine, haven't used them personally, but just check out what actual speakers they are loaded with. That is a large factor.
Ibanez AS93
Fender Marauder
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Screw those, I got a better deal for you.

I got a cabinet with Celestion G12 EVH speakers that I am selling for half of that price.
mmk... thank you guys for steering me away... i think instead of spending 400 on that ill spend 400 on an avatar G212 Contemporary Custom Cabinet green tolex black grill w/ silver piping.... but idk wat speakers or wat ohms/ mono or stereo. anyone care to explain?
Well, from what I can tell Bugera 6262 is high-gain like a Peavey or something, so Celestion V30s would probably do well for you. It'll give you a total 140W room in the cab, where the amp is 120W. Good fit. It's the speaker Orange cabs use, I believe.

The Avatar GH212 is great by the way. Just be sure to get a stand for it, about $20, or you could take the feet off the cab and put them on the sides using the already-drilled corner guard holes. However, the Avatar is 21in. wide that way where the Bugera is 27in. You'll have about 3" overhang each side and get a "T" shape going. Maybe just get the stand...
Ibanez AS93
Fender Marauder
Vox Pathfinder 15R
I thought V30's were 60 watts each? From what I've heard g12-t 75's are better for high gain, but I use eminence speakers so I don't really know. You want to get a speakers rated a little over your amp wattage though
You can get a used Mesa 4X12 for that price. That's a ****ing rip off. If you don't have the time to wait around for that deal, an Avatar with V30s is a decent alternative.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by im_bored
I thought V30's were 60 watts each? From what I've heard g12-t 75's are better for high gain, but I use eminence speakers so I don't really know. You want to get a speakers rated a little over your amp wattage though

My bad, they are 60 each. I don't know which speaker I was thinking of then. I don't really play high gain so I'm not an expert on speaker choices for the style anyways.
Ibanez AS93
Fender Marauder
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Last edited by derekgray at Jul 28, 2010,
mmk.... i found a vader 212 with that "tourguard" stuff all over it for only $350? is that a good deal... it has Eminence speakers and its 260 watts 8 ohm and its mono.. sound good? would it be good for a bugera 6262?
Quote by kiaba94
mmk.... i found a vader 212 with that "tourguard" stuff all over it for only $350? is that a good deal... it has Eminence speakers and its 260 watts 8 ohm and its mono.. sound good? would it be good for a bugera 6262?

Sounds good, but it depends what eminence speakers, they have a lot of different kinds for different styles
yea... it jus say Eminence. i think i will just wait and make an avatar 2x12 cab to my liking.. but can someone help me out with wat speakers to pik and wat ohm? also what is the dif between stereo and mono?