So I'm a guitarist, and I love playing; But you know how you can drop-tune guitars and stuff?
Well, If you drop tune constantly, like some of todays ""hardcore"" bands do, does the bass droptune also?
0.o
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.

What?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Do Basses droptune? Like can you tune a bass to Drop-D to match a guitar in Drop-D?

Quote by NickGiovanni
Do Basses droptune? Like can you tune a bass to Drop-D to match a guitar in Drop-D?

You can tune a bass to any pitch you want, EADG, DADG, FAGD, it doesn't matter

j/k, it's strictly forbidden. Try it, and you get a whap on the hand by a nun holding a ruler. DON'T DO IT FAGGOT

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
Last edited by WyvernOmega at Jul 28, 2010,
It depends, in general, bassists aren't as br00tal as guitarists so I don't think they know how to do that.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
i do sometimes. depends on the band i'm playing with. most of the time i just play a 5 string in standard BEADG and just play whatever. in one of my bands though i tune to drop Db like the guitars.
#DTWD
Quote by damian_91
It depends, in general, bassists aren't as br00tal as guitarists so I don't think they know how to do that.

+1

half of me likes this, half of me dislikes, im both </333
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Quote by NickGiovanni

lololl Of course why not

I think youre trollin
Yeah a bass guitar must be in tune with the other guitarists. If you're going to tune to B standard or Drop A a 5 string bass is a better solution.
Quote by damian_91

Br00tal Guitarist are lame. The new drop-C, drop-****you br00tal guitarist have nothing on the virtuoso's of old heavy metal. I'm talking the big 4, exodus, dio, rainbow, the good stuff, you know?

Quote by NickGiovanni
Br00tal Guitarist are lame. The new drop-C, drop-****you br00tal guitarist have nothing on the virtuoso's of old heavy metal. I'm talking the big 4, exodus, dio, rainbow, the good stuff, you know?

Oh yeah, like how Bill Cosby's talkin' bout "The JELLO PUDDIN'"

I write songs.
none
Quote by WyvernOmega
Oh yeah, like how Bill Cosby's talkin' bout "The JELLO PUDDIN'"

Lmao, You're too cool for school dude

Quote by NickGiovanni

Some Br00tal bands are better than cheesy 80s metal bands, its a matter of opinion
We bassits are a cunfusing and unpredictable bunch, There is no real answer to this question, if you haven't already figured that out. And, @NickGiovanni, Listen to Between the Buied and Me. Low C# tuning, and Paul Waggoner can outplay all of the big 4 and every other 80's metal band combined. Also, in more relevance, Dan Briggs, bassist for Between the Buried and Me, DETUNES HIS 5 STRING.
Quote by NickGiovanni
Lmao, You're too cool for school dude

Lmao, dude. Dude, settle down. Dude, lmao.

I write songs.
none
Quote by NickGiovanni

If by big 4 you mean Journey, Foreigner, Europe and The Carpenters, then yes.
Quote by afrigginprodigy
We bassits are a cunfusing and unpredictable bunch, There is no real answer to this question, if you haven't already figured that out. And, @NickGiovanni, Listen to Between the Buied and Me. Low C# tuning, and Paul Waggoner can outplay all of the big 4 and every other 80's metal band combined. Also, in more relevance, Dan Briggs, bassist for Between the Buried and Me, DETUNES HIS 5 STRING.

bitch she gonna find him

I write songs.
none
Quote by afrigginprodigy

news to me. what does dan tune to
has a terrible signature.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Nope, it's like dividing by zero. Can't do it or else the world might explode.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Yep, just like that.

Also, at this thread.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea