Got some new cables from http://www.lavacable.com
Lately I've been using some shit Hosa cable and some live wire cables. I finally got around to getting something better than decent because I knew in the end it'd be worth it.

So without further ado I introduce..

the packaging!

opened it to find this.

OUCH!

well they sound better than Hosa that's for sure.

I realized they cost a lot but with a lifetime warranty and being some of the best cables on the market I don't see why I don't buy them.

With these cables I hear a lot my clarity and a shit ton more treble haha. I guess I've really been missing something with the cables I've been using. Then again to get the sound I wanted I had to turn the treble to like 3 o clock and the presence the same. In the long run I see these being worth it. The only thing I don't like is how the larger cable is so stiff. Apparently with a bit of use it loosens up though.

Well what ever. New cables. Awesome!
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Last edited by kylendm at Jul 28, 2010,
Jesus Christ, epic expensive.

As long as you like em
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i think i spent that much on a set of strings yesterday. they were made from steel recycled from slash's air conditioning pipes
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
I came expecting a cab. I r disappoint.

Glad you like your cables, though. I just make my own.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Ripped off. No offence, but for that price, it's just not worth it.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

hey kyle they make those solderless kits too right for pedal boards? have you tried them?
Quote by Spike6sic6
Ripped off. No offence, but for that price, it's just not worth it.

Says the man with the MT-2 and MG

^ I haven't but I thought about getting them. At the same time I hear that they don't really affect tone that much.

Coming from the guitar and the last cable in your pedal chain are really where cables can make your tone more crisp and clear or like butthole. Then again you with your 50+ pedals I can see where it might come in handy. It's just pedals boost your signal so it's not as important.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
ya I just wanted something good and handy for organizations sake. I have my pedals all in a row right now just because I haven't found a looper I want to invest in yet but I really don't want more then like 5-6 in a row without an option to bypass.
Well the one he makes also have much smaller jacks on the end so you can fit your pedals much closer/neater. I'd suggest it for your needs.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
AM you should buy this.

http://www.lavacable.com/vdh_integration.html

Tell me how it is when you get it. that's ridiculous.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by kylendm
Says the man with the MT-2 and MG

^ I haven't but I thought about getting them. At the same time I hear that they don't really affect tone that much.

Coming from the guitar and the last cable in your pedal chain are really where cables can make your tone more crisp and clear or like butthole. Then again you with your 50+ pedals I can see where it might come in handy. It's just pedals boost your signal so it's not as important.

Because my gear sucks doesn't mean I do no know what I'm talking about. Besides, I haven't upgraded my profile in years...

Either way, spending that much on a guitar cable seems to me like a big arse rip off. Nothing about gear or whatever, you just could have made your own cable for 1/10th the price. Whatever, that's what I think.

My opinion doesn't come from experience, but from knowledge and common sense. I just think the money could have been better spent on new gear(amp/effect/whatever)... Cables should be the last thing you upgrade...

Eitherway, I hope you enjoyed your purchase..
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Last edited by Spike6sic6 at Jul 29, 2010,
Thought I'd add, the opinion comes from someone strudying as en electronid engineer. Due to my teacher, I also have a fairly good understanding of marketing and businesses. Either way, as long as youre happy, it's all good; that's what audio is about.

I just think that you got ripped. You should never pay for something written in the specs/features. A cable is cable. As far as quality goes, you can get very good quality cables for easily half the price, if you even know where to look for.

Anyways, happy cable day...
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

gah it's not a monster cable. lava cables are pricey because of the warranty and the quality of the cable outers and the care taken in assembling the cable inners. U're not paying for electron cloud stabilization.

it's around 40 bucks a cable. that's not that bad at all.
Quote by kylendm
AM you should buy this.

http://www.lavacable.com/vdh_integration.html

Tell me how it is when you get it. that's ridiculous.

I actually just bought 3 of the 25 foot cables from there for when I gig.

HNCD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
does lava sell canare cables? i like those when i make my cables.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Must resist urge to join cable debate.

High quality audio clips of these vs. what you were using before pretty please?
ya well...someone's going to be crying when their cable breaks after 90 days of being rolled up, unrolled, rolled up again, shoved in a case, shoved in a snake, stepped on, flung around, and then when you flip your guitar around your back and shit goes south. don't go crying to mom.

Holy batshit Robin. You could buy a lot of top quality cable and connectors for that sort of dosh. I guess it's a one of purchase that will last for, well, the lifetime of the company at least.
I hope the things make you dinner and let the cat out too.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
congrats.

one of the guys from work picked up a new power cable for his amp. the cable alone was $500. all it is for is plugging into the power outlet from the amp. i know most people are thinking "$500 for a power cable?" omgwtfbbq?

well we used it on the amp, it made a huge difference. we used it on my hdtv, wow, what a difference.

jon my buddy who bought it said he couldn't believe a power cable could make that big of a difference. same thing with power conditioners. that furman stuff? crap by comparison to some of the high end audio stuff out there these days.

it's one of those, until you hear it things.

congrats, i bet it's great.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by mattocaster99
Must resist urge to join cable debate.

High quality audio clips of these vs. what you were using before pretty please?

Maybe later. My ears are tired

Quote by ECistheBest
does lava sell canare cables? i like those when i make my cables.

They got em
http://www.lavacable.com/canare.html

Quote by AcousticMirror
ya well...someone's going to be crying when their cable breaks after 90 days of being rolled up, unrolled, rolled up again, shoved in a case, shoved in a snake, stepped on, flung around, and then when you flip your guitar around your back and shit goes south. don't go crying to mom.

Lifetime warranty

^
Yeah man new/better cables are great. I just found a Mogami gold that my friend had borrowed and compared and the Lava Soar cable just completely owned it. I can hear a huge difference. It's much quieter too. $500 for a cable is a ton of money but if you can hear a difference it's money worth spent.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE