Page 1 of 2
Does anyone in the pit have a Droid phone?

If you do, do you like it?

If not, what do you think about them?

I'm considering purchasing a Droid X here soon, but the 29.99 monthly data package is killer..
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Everyone's getting it and loving it. If you can handle the data costs, go for it. Right now, it beats the crap out of iPhone 4.

In my world, the color RED doesn't exist.

The system has encountered a fatal error [1809]: 'YourOpinion' var has no set value.
My girlfriend and my mom both have Droids so I've had ample time to mess around with them.

They're glorious phones. Very customizable, quick and responsive touch screen, etc.

They're pretty damn good smartphones.
I've got a couple buddies with the HTC Evo, which is pretty neat. One of my coworkers has some other HTC droid phone which he's pretty happy with too.
Quote by Andragon
Everyone's getting it and loving it. If you can handle the data costs, go for it. Right now, it beats the crap out of iPhone 4.

Yeah, after using a droid x, I seriously feel sorry for everyone who bought an iPhone 4.
-Jim Morrison
jeez how do you people pay for your phones! I have a job and still wouldn't be able to afford it.

I think I'm the only person in the world that doesn't have a phone.

edit:
Well actually I probably could, but it'd be such a big chunk out of my check that I can't justify it.
Last edited by Ignite at Jul 28, 2010,
im gonna get the droid 2 next month
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I have an HTC Magic. It's pretty awesome, though it runs Android 1.5 still. My SP (Rogers) is supposed to be releasing 2.1 for us soon, in theory. I'm also going to be making some apps for it, and have one released on the Market atm (called SmsSpammer by Droidmade, mostly just a test app to learn the ropes of developing for Android, but it works good), and will probably make a Tower Defense game soon. The Magic is kinda laggy at times which is my only issue with it.
I've got Motorola Droid, and it kicks ass. Easily beats out the iPhone.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
So it's true after all. I thought Terminator was just a movie.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Anyone have the LG Ally?
-Jim Morrison
i had an HTC droid Eris.... i loved it.... i miss it
when i dream, and my phone is involed, its my old droid.
haha that soiunds pathetic but its freakishly true!
Quote by spanishyanez
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a M0lliP0Ps?

the world may never know!

e-married to KENSAI

如果你可以阅读这个,你是中国人。
I have the HTC Incredible. Love the phone and considering that ATT coverage is shit in my area, its about the only solid choice. Thankfully, it lives up to its name.
Quote by anarkee
I have the HTC Incredible. Love the phone and considering that ATT coverage is shit in my area, its about the only solid choice. Thankfully, it lives up to its name.

I just got that phone about 2 weeks ago. I love it so far, way more customizable than the iPhone.
I don't have a sig. Or an avatar.
Quote by TomusAM

Best damn phones to have. I love droids

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

I was going to post a pic of a storm trooper then write the phrase "these aren't the droids I'm looking for.
Quote by In The Mist

I was going to post a pic of a storm trooper then write the phrase "these aren't the droids I'm looking for.

I find your lack of going through with it...disturbing.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
Psshh ive had the Moto Droid since it first came out.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by In The Mist

See, this thread is good for me. I'm due for an upgrade in August, and I was considering dropping Verizon to go for an iPhone, but I've also been considering getting an Android device, and this thread is doing well swaying me.

The main perk of the iPhone would be having my MP3 player and phone in the same device, although they don't make an iPhone big enough for my collection (my music library is quite a bit larger than the largest-capacity iPhone). Right now I use a 64GB iPod touch and a Blackberry Storm from Verizon (I absolutely hate the Storm).

I have to do a bit more research, I guess. What is the best Android phone that Verizon has?
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
theyre really nice. assuming you would use the internet/apps on it, the price of the data package is worth it. they make pandora and other radio apps that are nice for traveling in the car. the internet is very fast on them aswell, almost compriable to using a cable connection on a computer.

i bought the blackberry storm about a year ago and cant wait until i can upgrade. droids make the storm feel like a piece of junk.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by BurningStarlV
I have a Droid and absolutely love it.

Anyone know when the new update comes out? I want mah Flash Playerz!

Haha have fun waiting ! Im already running 2.2 and Flash on my Moto Droid with 1.2 Ghz of pure power behind it.

Search "Rooting Motorola Droid". If you arnt into that kind of stuff, you might be officially getting the update from Verizon in mid August.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
theyre really nice. assuming you would use the internet/apps on it, the price of the data package is worth it. they make pandora and other radio apps that are nice for traveling in the car. the internet is very fast on them aswell, almost compriable to using a cable connection on a computer.

i bought the blackberry storm about a year ago and cant wait until i can upgrade. droids make the storm feel like a piece of junk.

Mine is so slow, the touch screen is very inaccurate, and it freezes quite a bit. Do you have any of these problems?
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
my drummer has one, it's fucking awesome. no way I'm paying however much it is a month though. I'm fine with my razr, it does what it's supposed to do - make phone calls.
I've got a Moto Droid.

I like it ok... The openness of the app store really allows for some horrible apps though. I'm switching to the Windows Phone 7 as soon as it comes out.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
I've got the first generation droid and I love it, but it def. has some bugs. Mine will go and delete all of my text threads by itself, lock up continuously, have nonstop force closes on apps and other stuff. Other than that, it's pretty sweet to have facebook and internet at your fingertips whenever you please.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
The HTC Incredible is well... Incredible.

almost 3 months of solid use, and hasn't failed me yet. I love it to death, and I like that I can play some SNES games on it with the emulator app .
Quote by Spartan070sarge
Mine is so slow, the touch screen is very inaccurate, and it freezes quite a bit. Do you have any of these problems?

yeah i have all of these problems

youre supposed to pull the battery out once a day so the memory or some shit can reset itself. i have noticed this helps, but it still does freeze from time to time or take forever to load an app.

after surfing the web on a droid, im insulted that blackberry would even sell me such a piece of shit. even image-heavy websites with a large front page loads fully in 5-10 seconds on the droid, sometimes not even that. im sure the droid X is even faster than what my experiences have been. with my storm, ill have to wait a good 30-45 seconds for the page to load, then as soon as i start scrolling down it loads some more, then when i try to zoom in, it loads some more, then sometimes the whole browser just freezes up and i have reload the whole page.

fuck you blackberry
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
On a related note, American Eagle is so desperate for customers that if you try on (yes, try on, not buy) a pair of their jeans, you get a free Droid, or a variety of other smartphones. I shit you not.

http://www.ae.com/web/browse/event.jsp
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
I ordered the Driod X, it looks amazing, and I played with it at the stores for a while, but sadly its on backorder till next week, so I will be using my brothers LG Dare till then
Me and my mom got that buy one get one free HTC Eris deal from Verizon. I love it because it's sleeker than the other models and it has almost all the same features.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
My dad just got a droid and damn its sweet! the photos it takes have amazing quality.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
Page 1 of 2