I kept waiting for the sarcasm detectors to go off with the last one but, sadly, they did not. I wouldn't touch a 1960 with a 100' pole after demoing one against a real NMV Marshall and my opinion of Epiphone is less than glowing.

Anyways, pictarz!

It's a Custom Shop 1958 Reissue in darkburst. Real nice figuring on the top - I really dig it. Here's a better picture taken without flash earlier today:

This guitar is easily the best guitar I've ever played, including other R8s and R9s I've had my hands on. It sustains forever and even under heavy distortion you can clearly hear the base notes.

Ridiculously awesome fat neck, slick nitro, about the only thing I don't like about the guitar is that it's fairly roadworn, so there are some dings along the edges, including a pretty hefty one by the jack which is almost down to the wood. Still, it has more than enough tone and playability to make up for it. To be honest, I'll probably get a vintage refinish in a few years anyways.

I highly recommend anybody with the necessary budget available to get one of these if you're serious about buying a Les Paul. People will tell you an Elitist or Agile AL-3000 is good enough - they're full of steaming shit or have never played one of these. It destroys Agiles, Edwards, and Burnys; it annihilates Gibson USA Standards; it obliterates USA Studios; it chops up Epiphones, immolates them and jerks off on the ashes.

Play one. You won't be disappointed.

But wait, that's not all! I got a new toy to play it through as well!

It's a Trainwreck clone from Andy Fuchs! I had high hopes for this amp, but I was sadly disappointed. Not to say that it's a bad amplifier, but it definitely isn't what I'm looking for.

It has far more gain than the 2204, but I think it has less usable gain, if that makes any sense to you. Once you turn the volume past 6 the distortion is pretty wild - lows get out of control with humbuckers and it's difficult to get a good crunch sound.

In fact, the lows are the biggest complaint I have with this amp. They're huge, but a bit soft and pillowy, blooming quite a bit, which really sucks for trying to get a nice, tight crunch sound through an already woofy Greenback cab.

For leads, though, this thing is insane. I did a feedback vibrato sustain with the volume on 7 for almost a minute, just for laughs. It's very smooth, incredibly articulate, harmonically rich - everything you want in a lead amplifier. For this purpose alone, it is perfect. If I could have a 100W MetroAmp '68 clone for a rhythm swap, I'd keep this amp in a heartbeat. However, I don't have the funds to support this amp plus the R8, plus a MetroAmp kit, plus another cab/head switcher, so unfortunately this fellow is finding himself on eBay.

So, there you have it. Trainwreck vs 2204. Winner: 2204.

Family shots:

I typically run the Weber's DI into the Flextone set clean as a power amp to use as a wet cab for reverb or delay. I'm looking at getting the same 90s model of Flextone but in head form, so if anybody knows someone selling theirs cheap, send them my way.

Clips will be up tomorrow as one of the selector wires came loose in transit and I'm unfortunately out of solder to fix it, so all I have is bridge tone at the moment.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I am very very jealous.

HNGD bro.

EDIT: Wait, that last NGD was fake? I am so confused.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Last edited by diceksox1809 at Jul 28, 2010,
^ yes, the last one was a complete fake, although I do own a Studio in the same colour scheme as that Epi Custom I threw up.

Pictures were all Google Images except for the cab, which was photoshopped under the 1960 head.

I was hoping people would notice the sarcasm before I uploaded the real pics, but it was locked before I could do that and was mostly filled with GGnA-ers trolling.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I thought the last NGD was a little fishy. HNGD. Burn in hell with your nice gear.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
Last edited by The3818919 at Jul 28, 2010,
Also, the goofy EQing on the Fuchs in that shot was an attempt to tame the hideous lows by diming the treble and presence, dialing back the mids a bit and completely scooping the bass.

It didn't work.

Quote by bubb_tubbs
^ yes, the last one was a complete fake, although I do own a Studio in the same colour scheme as that Epi Custom I threw up.

Pictures were all Google Images except for the cab, which was photoshopped under the 1960 head.

I was hoping people would notice the sarcasm before I uploaded the real pics, but it was locked before I could do that and was mostly filled with GGnA-ers trolling.
Will the EG'ers and GGaA'ers ever coexist in peace?
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
Quote by The3818919
Will the EG'ers and GGaA'ers ever coexist in peace?

Nah. EG is full of phail.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
^ This. It's the silly levels of bandwagonry that we mock.

I thought the other thread smelled fishy. Nice gear, happy NGD mahn
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Holy Crap. it's beautiful. do i want one bubb?

also. get a Splawn QR to round it all out....NAO
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
Holy Crap. it's beautiful. do i want one bubb?

also. get a Splawn QR to round it all out....NAO

Yes, you definitely want this guitar.

Actually, you're a goldtop guy, so you probably want a darkback R7.

Quote by bubb_tubbs
Yes, you definitely want this guitar.

Actually, you're a goldtop guy, so you probably want a darkback R7.

R7 ftw. ugh. I need moniez. lots and lots of moniez
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
^ The Studio is firewood compared to this thing.

Quote by bubb_tubbs
^ The Studio is firewood compared to this thing.

wut all les pauls are the same. gibson says so.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Your gear makes me feel like crap anyway congratulations that's some sweet gear
Quote by bubb_tubbs
^ The Studio is expensive firewood compared to this thing.

^ Fixed.

man that thing is sweet bubbs.

so you are selling the fuchs? did i read this right?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
^ Min is. I'm just shipping it.

Quote by bubb_tubbs
^ Min is. I'm just shipping it.

ah I see. okay that makes sense.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.