Page 1 of 2
Im gunna be in college this year and my birthday is in a couple days and i have nothing to ask for so i was wondering what would be a ridiculously awesome thing to have in my dorm room that i could ask for for my birthday? it would preferably be something to stimulate the social scene in my room so not like a big TV.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Two words.

Lava lamp

This.

^ That would also be good.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
A video projector so you could turn one of your walls into a bigass screen for drunk movie nights.

Also, the lava lamp suggestion.
a large metal pole with a lava lamp in it
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by I am wet
a large metal pole with flashing lights

I lol whenever I see your name...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Volcano vaporizer if you're into that sort of thing.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by Skynyrd890
I lol whenever I see your name...

Lets jump in a pool

........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.
Quote by 2112/3
well how would a lava lamp make my room more fun to have people in? also i can ask for something more expensive than a lava lamp. and with the liquor thing i was thinking like a mini bar type thing maybe?

mini bar with a lava lamp in it?
Lets jump in a pool

Quote by 2112/3
well how would a lava lamp make my room more fun to have people in? also i can ask for something more expensive than a lava lamp. and with the liquor thing i was thinking like a mini bar type thing maybe?

Because who doesn't like lava lamps?

Yeah, colleges are totally gonna let you have a mini bar in your dorm room
my roommate just got a street light that you can plug into the wall, im pretty fricking pumped about that... also get some cellophane sheets in whatever color you like, and put them over ur light ( corners in the drop ceiling so u dont catch the thing on fire, but it gives the room a nice color ambient glow!

Also a blacklight! my buddies filled all the empty liquor bottles with highlighter fluid and water and made a shelf to put them all on and had glow in the dark parties with them and the blacklights.
Last edited by Xezus at Jul 29, 2010,
Quote by 2112/3

You have obviously never been in a room with a good quality lava lamp. I got one when I was young, and I am a better person because of it.
Quote by Xezus
my roommate just got a street light that you can plug into the wall, im pretty fricking pumped about that... also get some cellophane sheets in whatever color you like, and put them over ur light ( corners in the drop ceiling so u dont catch the thing on fire, but it gives the room a nice color ambient glow!

that's sick
Hookah pipe and lots of shisha. People love it at parties.

Mini bar is always a good bet. All you really need are shelves with nice glasses(for the girls you want to stay for a while)/solo cups (for everyone else)/one massive beer mug (for you, doesn't matter if you like beer or not)

If not those, a semi large lcd tv is the best bet. Dvd players are cheap now, and people always like movie nights.

If nothing else, get a smaller new practice amp! The ability to play at decently low levels will save your ass!
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
If you want to stimulate social activity, save your money and buy a shit ton of booze. Seriously. It's way easier to get into a dorm and hide than you think (assuming you're underage and the dorm doesn't allow alcohol). Turn on tunes and get everybody drinking and the party will create itself.
Quote by ACDCfrontman
Roofies

like roadies on the roof?
Lets jump in a pool

Quote by Xezus

Also a blacklight! my buddies filled all the empty liquor bottles with highlighter fluid and water and made a shelf to put them all on and had glow in the dark parties with them and the blacklights.

That sounds so awesome!!

TS, disco ball. DO IT!
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
I'm bringing a mini-fridge and my roommate is brining a tv. I'm also gonna bring my Game Cube but I'll probably just play Super Smash Bros. completely smashed instead of going to class...
Quote by oncetaken
If you want to stimulate social activity, save your money and buy a shit ton of booze. Seriously. It's way easier to get into a dorm and hide than you think (assuming you're underage and the dorm doesn't allow alcohol). Turn on tunes and get everybody drinking and the party will create itself.

Ya well i already have a shit ton of money cause i had multiple jobs one of which being caddying where u make absolute bank so im gunna have money but i want something to just like put the social scene on steroids which is why im thinking mini bar
Quote by 2112/3
Ya well i already have a shit ton of money cause i had multiple jobs one of which being caddying where u make absolute bank so im gunna have money but i want something to just like put the social scene on steroids which is why im thinking mini bar

get a large bed so you can have guests?
Lets jump in a pool

Lol I love incoming Freshman and their dorm room ideas. They think college is just like American Pie says it is.

You won't be able to do any of this in a dorm room, join a fraternity and pimp the shit out of your room there.
Quote by ACDCfrontman
Lol I love incoming Freshman and their dorm room ideas. They think college is just like American Pie says it is.

You won't be able to do any of this in a dorm room, join a fraternity and pimp the shit out of your room there.

i havent seen the college american pie versions. my ideas are based off my experience of visiting people at the college im attending
Just have a lava lamp, as many couches and bean-bag chairs as you possibly can, and lots of extra cups.
To whoever said Hookah +100. It's amazing.
R.I.P. PAUL GILBERT

You will be missed...
Yeah, I definitely second (third?) the hookah idea. You want a social scene? There you go. Damn.
All at once,
The world can overwhelm me
There's almost nothin' that you could tell me
That could ease my mind.
Hookah's are probably the most "social" items one can have at his/her disposal while in college.

they appeal to a great majority of people because they're not as harsh as cigarettes, not filled with any drugs, but still give you that "head rush" associated with smoking. in my opinion, get a 4 hose Hookah and you'll be set forever. for some reason they also tend to inspire some great conversation...don't ask me how or why, i don't know.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Page 1 of 2