Haven't found much info on them. Theres a guy near me selling one on Kijiji for $220, and Im in the market for a 15-20w tube amp so it seems like a decent price since a new one is pushing $600. Anyone here have experience with one? Could I do Teh Br00talz with the right pedals or should I save up and get a new amp?
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
the clips on my profile with vc2110 or vc are clips of it. think i did 80s metal without pedals. little british voiced tone machine imo. not much clean headroom, if any. but for cheap? sick little pig...
I've got the VC2112RB. That's the one with a 12" speaker and reverb. Not much clean headroom. Gets a nice Marshall crunch.
Try and get it for $180. Haggle.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I asked him. Would a tube screamer be enough to push this amp into a more modern gain or would I need a "metal" distortion pedal for that?
Quote by reeses

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Last edited by Metalfan41 at Jul 29, 2010,
I talked to the seller and I can get it for $190, but I still would like to know if it will only take an OD to push the amp well enough or if a distortion pedal is needed for modern metal tones.
Quote by reeses

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
for modern metal you would probably need a pedal. it'l do 80's thrash on it's own.

it really depends on what you consider "metal". if you have a pedal you like, it should be fine. It will have some power tube break up pretty early.

if it's clist, i usually try the amp before buying. just do that and see what you think.

for $190 it's a good deal if everything is working correctly.

did you listen to my clips?
Yea, your clip was more Black Sabbath sounding than metal to me. I think Metallica or Megadeth for metal, that heavy Marshall crunch sound. Ill ask him if I can try it out before I buy it. My guitar has active pickups in it already, so Im sure I could find a good pedal to run it with.
Quote by reeses

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Quote by Metalfan41
Yea, your clip was more Black Sabbath sounding than metal to me. I think Metallica or Megadeth for metal, that heavy Marshall crunch sound. Ill ask him if I can try it out before I buy it. My guitar has active pickups in it already, so Im sure I could find a good pedal to run it with.

black sabbath may have been the first "metal" band in some peoples minds.

which is why i never say i know what metal is. so many different opinions of it.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jul 29, 2010,
Haha yea, in my mind they're rock. I found a clip on youtube which sounds nice. The guy had converted one into a head and made a cab for it, sounded really heavy with the Jackson he was using. I think I might get it, only $190 so its not like Ill go bankrupt from it even if I dont like it. Im also in the process of selling one of my guitars so that should free up some more money to buy some pedals.
Quote by reeses

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0