I have a fender hotrod deluxue...giggiddy...
I found tonight (while screwing around) that i like the sound a lot better if i bypass the preamp and run my guitar through my alesis meq230 (30 band eq). Has anyone had an experience similar to this? or am I just weird.
2010 Gibson SG Honeyburst
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche

My Website
What do you mean, bypassing your preamp?

If you're running it in the effects loop (effects send -> alesis -> return) then you're not bypassing the preamp.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
It is very possible.

If you are asking how to bypass your pre-amp, you'll need a little bit more knowledge, unless you just wanna follow what someone tells you.

Modding to bypass a pre-amp is very easy, if you know what you're doing. Otherwise, you could just follow step by step guides on the internet.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

my amp has a preamp bypass built in. What i'm asking is: Does anyone else do it?
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche

My Website
Is there a very large volume drop? If there's not, you may just be bypassing the EQ, not the whole preamp. Plugging your guitar into the Alesis and then plugging that into the effects return is truly bypassing the preamp; that may very well be the same as what the preamp bypass on your amp does, but that's not a common mod so I can't be sure. It could be a few different things.
With just my guitar there is a volume drop. But with my multipedal and the EQ i actually get MORE clean volume then i did with the preamp. a Much creamier sound as well.

My Website