# Channels: 1
# Volume control
# 3-band EQ featuring treble, mid, and bass
# Headphone output
# Headphone selector with bypass
# 16-Ohm extension cab output
# Dimensions: 19-1/2"W x 16-1/3"H x 9"D
# Weight: 26-1/2 lb.

These are $400 new, and I snatched a refurbished one for $340. It's a nice, low watt, basic tube amp. First of all, I love the Bluesbreaker look it has to it. It makes it look real classy, no pun intended. The sound is very nice on it. I haven't had too much time to dial in some great tones on it, but I diddled with the dials quite a bit to get some different tones. It will start to break up with the volume around six, but I haven't broken in the tubes just yet. It has some nice clean sounds to it, and a brilliant overdrive/crunch. I've found that it sounds best with the bass dialed back a bit, otherwise it gets a bit muddy and boomy. It is perfect for my Blues and Classic Rock playing style. The Class 5 really shines tone-wise. However, it rattles quite a bit, as I expected. This isn't a big issue really, I'll work on it someday when I'm not so busy. The tubes are buried inside the amp, and this is quite frustrating. You nearly have to tear the damn thing apart to get to them, which is even more annoying thanks to the cheap screws that holds this thing together. Overall, I am happy with my purchase. I got what I expected out of this amp, and I am expecting more once I find some good tones and get rid of that rattle.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
That amp is sexy as fuck. Congratulations.

And nice Epiphone. Elitists Les Pauls ftw.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Schecter C-1+ with SD '59/Custom 5
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
hnad

did you buy this for a different marshall tone? I thought people buy marshalls for that "marshall tone", so i thought your valvestate would be enough.

is this a case of one having too many watts?
Quote by iampeter
hnad

did you buy this for a different marshall tone? I thought people buy marshalls for that "marshall tone", so i thought your valvestate would be enough.

is this a case of one having too many watts?
The AVT50 is just my workhorse. It has lasted me a long time, and outlived many amps. The Class 5 is an all valve amplifier that sounds very different (much better) than my AVT.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
fuk reviews...

nice amp.

clips... clips...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
i think the cab is beautiful. i like it. i didn't like how the amp sounded cranked though. but the dirty cleans are pretty nice.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Nice catch thar mate, HNAD!
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Yes yes, I will have clips up as soon as I get the time. Carpet cleaner + College Town + August = NO FREE TIME
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

Quote by ECistheBest
i think the cab is beautiful. i like it. i didn't like how the amp sounded cranked though. but the dirty cleans are pretty nice.
Yeah, I cranked the amp up to 10, and it sounded pretty bad. Maybe with some EQ work, the amp will sound goo cranked.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

Nice. Buy some good screws to replace the crappy ones. It's not like they cost much and you will want to get into it eventually.
Must sound amazing after the AVT.

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Happy new amp day. I've been casually watching these things since they came out. They interest me. I've noticed that a lot of these low watt tube amps seem to get a bit muddy when you crank them too loud. But I love their cleans and slight overdrive tones.
I've heard these amps are great, need to go test one soon.

HNAD
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.