Hey pit, I consider myself to be a moderately successful person in life. I have a nice family, cool friends, good grades, and Ive had a decent job most of my "adult" life. I have a girlfriend who I love and I consider myself a good musician

Despite all this, I know that I will commit suicide one day. To me human life isnt enough; the range of emotions is too narrow, and people are too close minded, and we havent attained enough knowledge to truly understand the world we live in. If your lucky, maybe you can earn enough money to buy some things that will entertain you for a few days; until you get bored again.

I live my life now because I know I can be of genuine help to some people I know, and maybe I can do more later in my life once Ive had more experience, but I basically feel as if Im waiting to die so I can move onto my next life. And I know when the time comes, I will take my own life to help me transcend to another state of being

Does anyone else ever feel similar? Ive talked to other people about it and they all think Im insane and I need a therapist; and they could be right, but Im curios about what the pit thinks
Enjoy simpler things. Small victories and tiny accomplishments are what move you forward, and dreams of bigger ones are what give you direction.
i don't know why i feel so dry
I get what you mean, but what's the point of killing yourself if you're just going to die in a short amount of time anyway (life is really short)?

But when I know my time to die is close I'm jumping out a plane without a parachute just for the hell of it.
"This might Be our only chance
So lets take this one day at a time,
I'll hold your hand if you hold mine
The time that we kill keeps us alive"

-=Rise Against
How do you know that there is some other life waiting for you. You can't be sure, why gamble with this one? Life is a gift, and you always have to be grateful for a gift. Think about your life. I don't even know you and I would be affected with grief. Imagine what would happen to people who know you, the pain and suffering would be terrible.
Last edited by LightandEasy at Jul 29, 2010,
Don't do it.

Didn't read it, but for all we know for sure is we have this life. For your own sake, don't waste it. Make the best of it.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Have fun with that...

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Uh dude, i think you should talk to someone NOT on the internet

friends family pastor...

someone man, get some help if you're convinced you're going to kill yourself

dont do it man
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
It's at this point that I feel like trying to stop you is pointless, and that letting you kill yourself is probably the best thing for you and the rest of the world.
"Don't you know that I'm just killing time until I kill myself?"

I think it's fine to end your life on your own terms. who wants some half-assed death? make it memorable.
You kind of sound like you`re trolling. But if you arent dont do it TS.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
Quote by guylee
It's at this point that I feel like trying to stop you is pointless, and that letting you kill yourself is probably the best thing for you and the rest of the world.

Harsh

EDIT: ^Not trollin. If I was trollin Id say I was gonna kill myself right now. Im more interested to hear thoughts on life and death really
You're insane and you need a therapist.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Also, don't do it for your family and friends.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
I've sort of thought along these lines and I might one day. But I'll be an old man and quality of life will have to decrease considerably before I do it, I REFUSE to need someone to wipe my arse for me.
I am me. Live with it.
I don't think you're insane, you're just irrational IMO. Im not knocking your beliefs or anything like that, but I'd get professional help if I were you. If you loved your girlfriend and you family that much, why would you want to do that to them? It's just not worth it. Especially when you have a life you enjoy. We only have so much time here, may as well enjoy it. Why end it soon? You're going to die eventually, anyways.

But yeah, get help, talk to people. Therapist, parents, friends, mentors, pastors, whatever.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
We all know for a fact that you will not commit suicide.

Suicide takes more than a little misantrophy. Maybe genocide is more suited for you?
Quote by GodofCheesecake
You're insane and you need a therapist.

Says who? His thoughts seem rational to me. Just because you disagree with something on an ethical or moral level doesn't mean the thought is "insane".

To the TS: get into psychadelic drugs instead if you want to experience consciousness from a different perspective. Also, you aren't going to suicide. If you were truly suicidal, you would have done it already.
Quote by genghisgandhi
EDIT - Read the 24th Chapter of The Catcher in the Rye. It really changed the way I look at stuff, and I'm similar to you.

It may sound like an overstatement, but that book really changed me. I really need to read it again.
Time keeps on slipping...

Quote by skaterskagg1
AtomicPunk7 is uncreative.
You're an idiot bro. Stop doing drugs and being all metaphysical and shit. This life is all you've got so use it to the ****in fullest man. And there's obviously more to life than you've experienced if you think its about making money and buying stuff...wow.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Quote by tubatom868686
Hey pit, I consider myself to be a moderately successful person in life. I have a nice family, cool friends, good grades, and Ive had a decent job most of my "adult" life. I have a girlfriend who I love and I consider myself a good musician

Despite all this, I know that I will commit suicide one day. To me human life isnt enough; the range of emotions is too narrow, and people are too close minded, and we havent attained enough knowledge to truly understand the world we live in. If your lucky, maybe you can earn enough money to buy some things that will entertain you for a few days; until you get bored again.

I live my life now because I know I can be of genuine help to some people I know, and maybe I can do more later in my life once Ive had more experience, but I basically feel as if Im waiting to die so I can move onto my next life. And I know when the time comes, I will take my own life to help me transcend to another state of being

Does anyone else ever feel similar? Ive talked to other people about it and they all think Im insane and I need a therapist; and they could be right, but Im curios about what the pit thinks

That post makes you seem like a 14 year old. Wise up.
Quote by AtomicPunk7
It may sound like an overstatement, but that book really changed me. I really need to read it again.

Not to bash, but I really didnt like catcher in the rye. The main character just irritated me
Quote by tubatom868686

this is utter bullshit. And honestly, you're sounding quite narrow minded yourself right now.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by tubatom868686
Harsh

EDIT: ^Not trollin. If I was trollin Id say I was gonna kill myself right now. Im more interested to hear thoughts on life and death really

No seriously. I'm no therapist, and you have put so much thought and consideration into this that it seems like a valid option for you. I feel like telling you not to kill yourself at this point would be like trying to convince the WBC that God loves fags and soldiers. You can't argue with crazy, my friend.
I'm gonna go ahead and close this. Probably not the best place to get help. Start talking to people about it and accept their help and advice.

Hope you change your mind TS.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.