howdy do, uh so you may have seen my post about making an amp. i have realized that that project is way beyond any of my electronic building experience ahahaha.
SO: i have decided that i might try something like a pedal
BUT: my idea is to have a pedal that doesnt do anything but have two outputs. so that you can run your guitar into two amps for some kind of different tone i think it would be cool
the question: is this possible? to have a single input, and two outputs? and nothing else, no knobs or nothin. mucho gracias!
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Custom Upside-Down Strat
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
>Guyatone ST-2 Comrpessor
how would you do it though? just take a regular pedal diagram and rip everything out thats between the output jacks?
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
i had the same idea the other day. No you just make an a/b box without a switch or using a rotary knob or an on/off/on switch.
Quote by Life Aquatic
i had the same idea the other day. No you just make an a/b box without a switch or using a rotary knob or an on/off/on switch.
Functionally that's just a y-cord.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
ok, im a little new to circuitry and whatnot so could someone give me a link or a description of what i would have to do?
mucho gracias de Chico
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
do you want it to just go to both simultaneously or do you want to be able to switch between the two, or both?

if you're just wanting it to go to both at the same time that's extremely simple. no real need for a box unless you just want to be able to plug into it, in which case it just needs to be big enough for the 3 jacks.

if you want to switch between outputs then you'll need a footswitch, still pretty easy.
this is a very common effect. (more common than you know)

lots of people who just use rack/floormounted multieffects for all their sound use this to make it sound more awesome-er.

im assuming you're wanting to do this for some of the tones Jimi Hendrix used this way? Think of little wing. from looking at your avatar atleast..

but yes, as far as i know what you're looking for is an a/b/y splitter, i THINK. i may be wrong. but its very common.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Functionally that's just a y-cord.

not if you make a good one. if you do it cheaply and poorly, then yeah, it is basicly a y cord. if you make sure to include some active components, you can actually balance the signals and not get something that sounds off.

Dr.Tong, you would want something like the left side of this:
http://runoffgroove.com/splitter-blend.html
you will build everything up to where it says "send" and the power section below it. input, two outputs, and it makes sure that you arent getting way more signal to one of the two amps.
the4thhorseman: i want to be able to send the signal to both amps simultaneously, so i can get two different tones (to a certain degree) at the same time to get the effect of, as conor1148 said, awesome-er-ness
jof1029: i have no idea what that diagram means except for send, send and out etc.
hahaha sorry im a circuitry noob :S if you dont mind, could you explain as much as possible?
EDIT: in theory couldnt i just stick a jack on one side, and two on the other, and connect them all with copper wire?
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
I made one the other day but it had a switch so i can turn one amp one and one amp off or both on and both off. It was just wires from the input to the output with a switch in the middle times 2. both off the are coming off the same input but to different outputs.
Quote by Dr.Tong
EDIT: in theory couldnt i just stick a jack on one side, and two on the other, and connect them all with copper wire?

even in theory, that wouldnt work very well. as i explained earlier, it will be splitting the signal un-evenly and wont sound good. ive done it, it sucks.

there are a few websites around that will explain stuff about components. that one uses resistors, capacitors and op amps, so thats a place to start. even wikipedia has some good info you can read.

basicly, the symbols are for components (different symbol=different component). the numbers by them indicate the name and value. the lines connecting them are wire.