hey everyone, i don''t know if this has been done, but i wanted to ask
who do you think are overrated bands
i'll start, and i'll go with acdc
yeah they're. but in my opinion they haven't done much, the same beat, same chords, with a solo, and that (in my opinion) voice that get's really annoying after a whille.
yeah they're good, but..i think they're overrated.
so?
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Shut up

EDIT: Here's a list of them, pretty accurate too,

Nirvana, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix Exp, System of A Down, R.H.C.P, Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, Metallica, Pantera, Led Zeppelin, The Ramones, Jeff Buckley, Incubus, Children Of Bodom, Trivium, Lamb Of God, Korn, Foo Fighters, The Who, Pain Of Salvation, David Bowie, Bob Dylan, Queen

list provided by Krieger
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Last edited by USCENDONE BENE at Jul 29, 2010,
Pointless thread is pointless.

For each person who agrees that the bands "A", "B" and "C" are overrated, there are two or three ready to say that they're the best bands ever.

It's a matter of taste and opinion, and will only start futile discussions.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Still makes me question why majority of people dont think like the guy above. I agree 100%.
FOR SALE, PM me offers!:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifer - 9/10 Condition
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cabinet - 9/10 Condition
Jerry Cantrell Wah - 10/10
Dimebag Wah - 9/10

7-STRING/ERG LEGION.
Quote by Linkerman

For each person who agrees that the bands "A", "B" and "C" are overrated, there are two or three ready to say that they're the best bands ever.

This x100

We should not continue this thread
Quote by neidnarb11890
+1
Also, Devo.

How could I forget?

But seriously, Animal Collective is up there.
This is a pointless thread its all about opinion obviously there popular for a reason so no there not over rated. This flies in the face of maturity.
Now I'm sure you're a troll.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by USCENDONE BENE
Shut up

EDIT: Here's a list of them, pretty accurate too,

Nirvana, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix Exp, System of A Down, R.H.C.P, Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, Metallica, Pantera, Led Zeppelin, The Ramones, Jeff Buckley, Incubus, Children Of Bodom, Trivium, Lamb Of God, Korn, Foo Fighters, The Who, Pain Of Salvation, David Bowie, Bob Dylan, Queen

list provided by Krieger

Hope you're joking, man. I agree with some of the bands in your list such as Nirvana and RHCP but goddamn, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters,Metallica and Jeff Buckley, Queen even...!!!! Very funny, since I guess you're joking. If it isn't so, I hope someone will force to listen to Justin Bieber's record day and night for 15 days so as you can absolve your sins.

Pearl Jam, overrated ?... It's just the best rock band ever !!

Quote by St. Anger Fan
Most of Metallica, other than St. Anger most of their albums don't have a single good song

It's world upside down !! When I saw "St Anger Fan" I said to myself "A St Anger fan ? I thought I was the only one !". If you're clever enough to appreciate this record (contrary to 99.9% of Metallica's fans), why don't you like the others ?
They killed my father, right in front of me...I will have my revenge
Quote by Fuku-san

Trying soooo hard not to burst out laughing. That deserves a lolstack, but I hate those.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by Linkerman

yes you're right, it is a matter of taste and opinion, i just wanted too see other peoples tastes and opinions.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by Fuku-san
Hope you're joking, man. I agree with some of the bands in your list such as Nirvana and RHCP but goddamn, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters,Metallica and Jeff Buckley, Queen even...!!!! Very funny, since I guess you're joking. If it isn't so, I hope someone will force to listen to Justin Bieber's record day and night for 15 days so as you can absolve your sins.

It's world upside down !! When I saw "St Anger Fan" I said to myself "A St Anger fan ? I thought I was the only one !". If you're clever enough to appreciate this record (contrary to 99.9% of Metallica's fans), why don't you like the others ?

No, i was joking that was the point. See my comment "list provided by...whatever ts is called" - i literally copied those names from his profile and pasted them in my post as i thought it actually made a good list
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
UNDERRATED - OMC. Everyone only knows their song How Bizarre, but their whole repoitaire is great. Also the New Radicals, Lou Bega, Hanson, and Len.

OVERRATED - Yeah, definitely Metallica. And every boy band like the Backstreet Boys, 98*, and N*SYNC. Even though I still love them. :P
Personally, I think Muse is overrated. I like a few of their songs but I don't understand why everyone says they're so great.
cat
Quote by USCENDONE BENE
No, i was joking that was the point. See my comment "list provided by...whatever ts is called" - i literally copied those names from his profile and pasted them in my post as i thought it actually made a good list

Bravo..

SMILE!
Quote by Krieger91

yeah they're. but in my opinion they haven't done much, the same beat, same chords, with a solo, and that (in my opinion) voice that get's really annoying after a whille.
so?

Dude, maybe there IS a SAME BEAT, SAME CHORDS but they have made their mark. When you hear first 2 or 3 beats or tones, you know that Ac/Dc is playing. Not so many bands did that. Especially in the 80's. First I hear Twisted Sister song, after that Quiet Riot song for example and I can't tell if that is the same artist or not until I hear the voice of the singer. But Ac/Dc is one of the best bands for sure. And they are not overrated.
yea a band being overrated is due to taste but i will say nickelback are way overated.
Quote by Krieger91

so?

Dude You STOLE THE WORDS OUT OF MY MOUTH