ok so a shop near me has offered me a mesa rectifier 2x12 cab for £550

it is brand new so its already £80 off the RRP so is this worth it? are these cabs as good as people say they are because if they are, im going to go and buy it before somebody else does =)
im planning on running a valvking through it when i have got the cash together.
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
inb4 "use the money to get a better amp"

but seriously, why not sell the VK (if you can get about £200??), and put it towards getting a 2nd hand Mesa rectoverb/tremoverb combo??
there's your mesa cab, but with the bonus of a mesa amp
Quote by Led Dirigible
Crickets have too much high end for my tastes. I prefer a nice beetle, lots of warm low end.

tl;dr put a beetle in your amp for superior toanz.

Guitars: Schecter C-1 Classic
Westfeild LP e4500
Amp: Vox AD15VT
Quote by Rapter-paul
inb4 "use the money to get a better amp"

but seriously, why not sell the VK (if you can get about £200??), and put it towards getting a 2nd hand Mesa rectoverb/tremoverb combo??
there's your mesa cab, but with the bonus of a mesa amp

From the looks of his sig he hasn't bought a VK yet so yeah I agree get a different amp don't get me wrong the VK is alright but for that budget you can do far better
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Jul 29, 2010,
well i havnt even brought the VK but that was the plan.

but since i can get the mesa cab for that price im kind of thinking of selling all the gear i can and getting hold of a duel rectifier if i can find one

the marshall haze will be next to go =)
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
That's really expensive for a 2x12 cab imo...I suggest you buy a combo or save up some more money and buy buy a used stack or something instead.
well i posted on here about a week ago and got told for the sound i wanted (metallica reload/garage inc) that i should get a good cab (4x12 would be too big for my practice area so 2x12 would do) and that i should aim for a peavey (possibly valveking and do a mesa mod on it) to get the tone....

considering sticking to the original plan since i have read some pretty good reviews on the valvekings and of the mesa cabs...
Quote by Metalmarathon

Attic Green
My Band
tbh that is one amazing 2x12. and i know where it is so if you dont buy it soon, i will
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
That's really expensive for a 2x12 cab imo...I suggest you buy a combo or save up some more money and buy buy a used stack or something instead.

Yeah but mesa 2x12s are awesome... Probably sound fatter than most of the cheaper 4x12s lol.
Orange also make some epic cabs...

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Orange also make some epic cabs...

+1 There are better bang for your buck cabs in the UK. Go domestic on a budget.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Is that at Fairdeal or PMT?

anyway the valveking is a great amp for playing metallica, my brother loves my tone though i would suggest getting new valves, an overdrive and an Eq pedal to go with it. I'm sure it'll sound great with that cab

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
Last edited by blything09 at Jul 29, 2010,
The VK is a project amp. If you have money to mod a VK, you have money for a better amp.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by blything09

anyway the valveking is a great amp for playing metallica, my brother loves my tone though i would suggest getting new valves, an overdrive and an Eq pedal to go with it. I'm sure it'll sound great with that cab

RON!!

Im going with PMT cuz fairdeal hardly have mesa's in.
and i <3 your tone too
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Definitely look into used TS, CL will give you much better offers on amps, usually at 50% or 60% of the original pricetag. Sometimes even less.

I'm not sure if that Mesa 2x12 would be worth it but I know you'd be able to pick one up for around 400 or so off CL, and a decent cab (depends on what you want) from 300-500.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by blything09

its in neither of those... i have done my research and im not going to post where it is until Saturday night when it will be safe and sound in my bedroom =)
Quote by Metalmarathon

Attic Green
My Band