So my guitar has a bit of a back story to it. I bought it for $200 at an antique store and it came with a hardshell Washburn case, a strap, new strings & a cheap SS Kustom practice amp.

The guitar at one point said "Echo 7" on the headstock, but it had worn away so I slapped a fish sticker over it. It also said "E 7" on the neck where the neck and body meet. However, there's no Echo 7 guitar company (at least none that I can find) and the best I could find was a band called Echo 7.

Since then, I've slathered the thing with stickers, replaced the volume control's erroneous and worn-out "tone" knob with a "volume" knob, replaced the bridge's saddles with rollers and generally treated it like a >$200 guitar.

The thing that makes the guitar unique is where the volume control & pickup switch is located. The only model I've seen this on is the Ernie Ball Music Man EVH, but those all have locking tremolos and mine clearly does not.

TL;DR Look at the pictures and tell me what it is, making sure it matches all the stuff I circled in yellow. No, I already checked, it's not an OLP.

Here's something else interesting. Here's a picture of a member of the band Echo 7 playing a guitar very similar to mine...

However, you can see that his has a metal bar on the headstock where mine does not. Even if all the different parts were replaced, there would still at least be screw holes where the metal bar used to be, and they are definitely not there. So I'll just rule this out as a coincidence.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
The headstock does loom like the one used in Music Man guitars, and I've not seen them anywhere else.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
I would love for this guitar to somehow be a $1000 Music Man.
Then again I would also feel terrible for covering it in stickers and generally treating it like crap.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.

I'm pretty sure that's an old Music Man EVH model.

Which are worth quite a lot actually. I think they go for about $1200 on eBay. Yours seems to be modified with a different nut and bridge though.
Maximum Volume Yields Maximum Results
Quote by Mr.DeadDuck
The OLP MM1 was basically a EVH sig with a vintage trem.

that's probably what it is - looks like the "fish" thing covers up where it should say "OLP"

edit: oh right i skipped a lot of the text - i'm pretty tired today

the trem is different to the echo 7 guy's musicman - perhaps that was one of his other guitars, a backup, for example?

also if they were very successful (i've never heard of them before ) it could be a guitar previously owned by an echo 7 fanboy, too.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Last edited by Blompcube at Jul 29, 2010,
You guys are probably right, but why is the pickup selector is located on the lower horn next to the neck pickup, and not next to the volume knob like on an OLP?
Yeah, the key thing about this guitar is where the pickup selector & volume knob are located, they don't match up to any OLP guitars.

I mostly just want to know how much the guitar is worth. Is there any sort of thing to look for to see if it's an authentic Music Man vs. a cheap copy?
Quote by rebelmidget

I'm starting to think it's a copy. The pickup selector and volume knob placing are correct, but the control covers on the back are a different size than the original. Also, your guitar is missing the neck plate with the serial number. (sorry for the huge pic, it's the only one I could find)

It's also missing the characteristic Music Man truss rod adjustment wheel at the bottom of the neck. Your guitar seems to have a regular truss rod adjustment slot at the nut. I can't recall Music Man ever doing that. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it's a copy of some sort. You could always check for a serial number though, and see if it matches any of the EVH models.
Well I can't help you identify the guitar. Your trem has a hole in it for a whammy bar to be screwed in or plugged in depending on your trem.

Edit: Nevermind didn't read your post right
Last edited by Kyleisthename at Jul 30, 2010,
Yeah, there's no serial number anywhere (Even before I covered the thing with stickers). Is there any other type of Music Man copy besides the OLP that exists?
Quote by rebelmidget

looks like the olp mm1. deadduck was right.

wait, lemme check on this one.

what? it's a knock off of a knock off? wow.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jul 30, 2010,
Quote by gregs1020
looks like the olp mm1. deadduck was right.

wait, lemme check on this one.

what? it's a knock off of a knock off? wow.

as has already been established, the OLP has the switch next to the volume control, not by the cutaway.

I think vintage made a musicman copy and it could be one of those.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
SX also has made an axis copy, but the headstock is different.
as for where the controls are, thats where they were placed on the actual EVH guitar. just throwing that out there.

maybe you should ask the guys here
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!