I'm looking to buy a new guitar and amp for under £700, it'll be bedroom use only, so I was thinking a small tube amp or similar. I'm playing metal, anywhere between Steve Vai bad horsie sounds to BTBAM. I was looking at the Ibanez S series, but really I just need suggestions for both .

Preferences for guitar are a whammy bar, HH or HSH. I'm open to basically anything else.

For an amp, I just want it to have "t3h br00talz" or be able to take pedals well.
So you want something to play a range of tunings and a floyd, fair enough.

For £700 I reckon you could get a Jackson DK2M and a Bugera 333XL
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
It's not the tunings, just the tone. Well I say tone, I just want to be able to get a nice metal sound out of it.

Thanks though, I'll look into those.

EDIT: Is the bugera available in anything under the 120 watt?! That'll be too loud for me, I only want it for bedroom use not stadiums!
Last edited by Aleene at Jul 29, 2010,
Quote by Aleene
It's not the tunings, just the tone. Well I say tone, I just want to be able to get a nice metal sound out of it.

Thanks though, I'll look into those.

EDIT: Is the bugera available in anything under the 120 watt?! That'll be too loud for me, I only want it for bedroom use not stadiums!

ah ok, and unfortunatly not, you could always get an attunator for it. Btw I use it for bedroom playing mainly
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by metalriff735
Maybe a Ibanez S420 and a Blackstar HT-5. If it doesn't have enough distortion for you there are always distortion pedals and what not.

+1
SMILE!
Quote by Shredx
ah ok, and unfortunatly not, you could always get an attunator for it. Btw I use it for bedroom playing mainly

Wha wha whaaaaaaaaaat. Do you just flick the amp or something to get it quiet? That's mad.

And thanks for the S series and Blackstar suggestions, I'll be trying both those out soon.
Guitar: Ibanez S520EX...my cousin just bought one and it's an awesome guitar at an incredible price..

Amp: Hughes & Kettner Attax 100 (tube emulating solid state) great for metal. I have a 2006 Switchblade and it's a hell of an amp. But I was shocked at how great the new Attax series sounded for less than 1/4th the price. They definately bring 't3h br00talz'...no pedals required.