So I've been playing for over a year now and my setup currently excists of an Epiphone Les Pauls Special 2 and an Blackstar HT-5 Amp

I wanted to add an distortion pedal but my problem is I don't have a clue to what I should be looking at.

All I know is that I want an Distortion pedal that has a very deep and bass like distortion wich kinda gives the a sound like Rammstein or Linkin Park
Angels on the sideline.
Last edited by LaidBackDude at Jul 29, 2010,
Ever thought about getting an overdrive to boost your amps distortion to higher, tighter gain levels? It probably won't get you the exact sound you want but i think it would get you closer then a stand alone distortion pedal because honestly you're never going to get that EXACT tone out of an amp that small.
Well I already knew I was never going to sound exactly like those bands I know that but I guess an overdrive pedal will do (is that how you call it? lol ) I just want to get some more thickness and heavy like sounds I named Rammstein and Linkin Park to get an Idea of the sound I like and I have tryed to get this out of my amp but it simply won't hehe well a bit but personally I don't think it's enough.
Angels on the sideline.
I would say go with coolstoryangus or get a eq.
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
Check out the Barber Dirty Bomb for $100.

And you stole my username...that's the main reason I posted
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Oh my bad.. I never knew the name already excisted.. All I know is that I really am a Laid Back Dude so that's mainly why I chose it but let's just call you Mike
Heh, it's all good. But go on proguitarshop.com, look under distortions. Then go to their youtube channel and listen to demos and see which one you like. Then demo if you can.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Alright thanks for the advice I will check out some demo's then to kinda get an idea and I'll just look from there then
That's your best bet. The best way to find gear would be to use us as a jumping off point and do the research one your own and find what you like through trial and error.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
LaidBack is so much more LaidBack than LaidBackDude. Just sayin'.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Thanks tubetime. I was almost rushed to the hospital a few times because people thought I was in a coma. That's how laid back I am.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
How would you know? Come spend some quality time with me
Angels on the sideline.
Anecdotes.

EDIT: Creepy.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I think the Boss ML-2 could get you that sound, but it depends highly on your amp. On a clean channel it will sound thin, but I use it to stack some distortion on an already overdriven tube amp and then it works wonders. It's very dark with lots of bass (much deeper than a Boss Metalzone).

I know a lot around here don't like Boss distortion pedals like the Metalzone. Believe me, I don't like most of them but the ML-2 Metalcore is actually a nice one if you know how to use it.
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
Last edited by von gelb at Jul 29, 2010,
Quote by von gelb
I think the Boss ML-2 could get you that sound, but it depends highly on your amp. On a clean channel it will sound thin, but I use it to stack some distortion on an already overdriven tube amp and then it works wonders. It's very dark with lots of bass (much deeper than a Boss Metalzone).

I know a lot around here don't like Boss distortion pedals like the Metalzone. Believe me, I don't like most of them but the ML-2 Metalcore is actually a nice one if you know how to use it.

This thread is no longer about distortion pedals. We're now trying to decide which LaidBack is more LaidBack. Here is some photo evidence, featuring Mike (LaidBack) while surfing UG... He is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LaidBack:

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I've played this amp with a digitech bad monkey which basically boosts the amps signal thus keeping the amps own tone intact and it sounded great. It's also very cheap. It's easily gives you enough extra gain on tap. I guess a tube screamer would be just as good if not better. Personally I love the tone from the ht-5 and feel it would be a shame to colour it too much which most distortion pedals will inevitably do. But hey, each and every to his own. As always try before you buy.
Mike (LaidBack) was once thrown out of a Jimmy Buffet concert for being too laid back.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I thought this was LaidBack?

"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
Damn tubetime, I set my facebook photos to private...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Sorry... You bake me that batch of cookies yet? Or have you been too LaidBack?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I'll get to those cookies.....eventually...

And hey, have you ever been to New Jersey? I'm from central NJ, only north Jersey is a stress factory.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
I'll get to those cookies.....eventually...

And hey, have you ever been to New Jersey? I'm from central NJ, only north Jersey is a stress factory.

The most LaidBack guy in NJ (Mike) is certainly more LaidBack than the most uptight guy in Amsterdam (LaidBackDude.) Besides Amsterdam doesn't count. They wouldn't be so LaidBack if you took their drugs away.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I don't even do any of those things....
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
were never gonna find out who's more laidback..
Angels on the sideline.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.