Just post 1-10 and why you have come to that number. Hopefully I can look at this and find some new movies, because I've run dry. NO SPOILERS! I'll start with one of my NEWER favorites. It's rare to find a good new movie these days. Feel free to discuss. Try to include a rating for a movie.

If you have a spoiler make sure you state that before you go typing it please!

The Road

7.5/10

Post apocalyptic genre, one of my favorites. One thing that really separates this one from the rest is it never reveals what really happened to the world to make it this way - so you're left wondering about that. Really unique.

The movie is based mostly around a father and his young son trying to make it to the coast, where water and civilization may be.

SPOILER BELOW:
What really did it for me in this film was in the end, the father and boy do reach the coast, but nothing is different. This is not something you typically see in films. No civilization, no vegetation, no food. The father has been suffering from exhaustion and illness and at this point says goodbye to his son and to keep carrying the fire, a term they use to represent their strive for survival. It leaves you with a feeling of "We made it, but there's nothing here. Now all we have is the fire inside of our heart, and we will still keep it burning."

The father dies and the boy stays by him for days. Finally approached by another family while sitting next to his dead father, he decides to join them. This in my opinion was a very interesting ending - you're left happy because the boy has found new companions, but at the same time you know there is nothing beyond the already seen rotting world. It will just be a continuance of a fight for survival throughout the boys remaining life.
Fender Stratocaster USA Deluxe 2005
MIJ Fender Contemporary Stratocaster '85-'86 HSS System I DiMarzio SD Bridge
Epiphone 2010 Les Paul Tribute
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
Last edited by guitar nubsauce at Jul 29, 2010,
The Last Airbender

-1/10

Review: It is easily the worst movie I've ever seen. What's wrong with it? EVERYTHING. I'm serious. There is NOTHING good about this movie, NOTHING that makes it in ANY way watchable. Horrible acting, horrible writing, horrible camera work, even horrible special effects to the point that it's embarrasing to watch.
I mean, if you watch it, you can't help thinking "wow should I really be doing this? I could be doing anything right now, and even STARING AT A BLANK WALL would be more productive than watching this"

Seriously.

WORST MOVIE EVER!

EDIT: Horrible casting, horrible adaptation of such an awesome series, horrible directing, horrible production, horrible horribleness (this has gone past the "so bad it's good" to just plain suck. It even sucks at sucking.)
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jul 29, 2010,
Meh, none of those other threads have a rating of 1-10, which is obviously important.
Fender Stratocaster USA Deluxe 2005
MIJ Fender Contemporary Stratocaster '85-'86 HSS System I DiMarzio SD Bridge
Epiphone 2010 Les Paul Tribute
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
Preditors

3/10

It's sad that they had to copy so much from the first movie.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
The Road

2/10

Movie sucked was too much bitching and stupid actors making it unbearable to watch made me pissed off and, i love Post-Apocalyptic movies but this one had nothing of interest as far as like able characters or story (yeah i know Story in Post-Apocalyptic movie)
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by Nexium
The Road

2/10

Movie sucked was too much bitching and stupid actors making it unbearable to watch made me pissed off and, i love Post-Apocalyptic movies but this one had nothing of interest as far as like able characters or story (yeah i know Story in Post-Apocalyptic movie)

Try reading the novel.
It's MUCH more amazing.
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you