i think iommi was bluesy inspired,randy was classical inspired,jake e lee was kind of bluesy and fingerstyle inspired,zakk was souther rock inspired....gus g....gus is just a flat out metal guy,hes maybe top notch playing ability,still,isnt what i call "unique" reall good player dont get me wrong,just not my style....anyway.gotta go to my guitar lesson now.ill check this thread later.cya.
First. I think he's cool, he's a solid player he writes fun riffs and cool solos. Also he's a good guy, not arrogant like most shredders are.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.

"Arguing online is like racing in the Special Olympics- Even if
you win you're still retarded."

"You cant spell crap without rap"
Quote by Metal_Militia2
First. I think he's cool, he's a solid player he writes fun riffs and cool solos. Also he's a good guy, not arrogant like most shredders are.

Pretty much this. I don't think he fits in well with Ozzy Osbourne though.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Of all ozzy's guitarists, he has the most technical ability. He was great in firewind, and I dont see why he cant be great with ozzy. From the videos and recordings i've seen of him, in my opinion he's the best replacement since randy.
Technically speaking he's one of the best I've heard but I feel like he lacks a certain level of depth in his playing. The kind of depth that made Randy Rhoads great. Personally I liked Randy best.

But I think Gus is doin a pretty bang-up job
Quote by CAGEDtheory
i think iommi was bluesy inspired,randy was classical inspired,jake e lee was kind of bluesy and fingerstyle inspired,zakk was souther rock inspired....gus g....gus is just a flat out metal guy,hes maybe top notch playing ability,still,isnt what i call "unique" reall good player dont get me wrong,just not my style....anyway.gotta go to my guitar lesson now.ill check this thread later.cya.

this!
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
ive heard of gus a long time ago and its not with firewind.......who else has he been with?????..........and this is kinda off topic but who replaced ace and peter in kiss????? i cant remember to save my life
Quote by B100d Lu57
ive heard of gus a long time ago and its not with firewind.......who else has he been with?????..........and this is kinda off topic but who replaced ace and peter in kiss????? i cant remember to save my life

gus been with firwind,ozzy,mystic prophecy,dreamevil,nightrage,archenemy,

as for kiss.even tho ther been other replacements for ace and peter,the current up to date line-up is tommy thayer,eric singer,gene simmons,paul stanley.
Gus is still with Firewind.

anyway I really like his style although he probably overuses some of those minor scales. But from what I heard he didnt really shine on the ozzy album like I know he could/should
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Ozzy was great with Sabbath and decent, solo career. Randy and Zakk where/are great guitarists though, Jake E. Lee, I know nothing about. Gus G. SUCKS. Okay he plays a million times better than me but he has no feel, no style, nothing that makes me want to play guitar. Its just noise. I'm a blues guy, and always will be, I like guitarist like Buckethead, Vai and Satch, not enough to see in concert (except for maybe Bucket).. Steve Ray Vaughan, every single note sends a chill down my spine, Duane Allman did the same thing, same with Marc Ford.