Page 1 of 2
A rather staggeringly stupid report has been released.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2010/jul/27/choice-fetish-homeopathy-policy

Quote by Report
There naturally will be an assumption that if the NHS is offering homeopathic treatments then they will be efficacious, whereas the overriding reason for NHS provision is that homeopathy is available to provide patient choice ... if regulation was applied to homeopathic medicines as understood in the context of conventional pharmaceutical medicines, these products would have to be withdrawn from the market as medicines. This would constrain consumer choice [so fucking what?] and, more importantly, risk the introduction of unregulated, poor quality and potentially unsafe products on the market to satisfy consumer demand.

Square brackets mine. Considering these people are supposed to be in charge of public health, I think I'm going to start stockpiling medicine that isn't diluted several times before they go completely batshit.
Last edited by webbtje at Jul 29, 2010,
The comparison between condoms and socks made me lol.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
'Choice' fetish spawns mind-meltingly stupid homeopathy policy
The UK government's rejection of a damning Commons report on homeopathy leaves Martin Robbins baffled and depressed

Although I am aware that homeopathic medecine has no effect stronger than placebo, I do wish they wouldn't put opinions where the news is supposed to be.
No Guardian article would be complete without an arbitrary reference to some lefty comedy.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
It's okay, we have been expecting the NHS to collapse, I mean, Conservatives are now in power.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Okay I read some of the stuff, and this guy clearly only hears/reads what he wants to when it comes to news and political reform.
Quote by Todd Hart
Okay I read some of the stuff, and this guy clearly only hears/reads what he wants to when it comes to news and political reform.

It's The Guardian...
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Any report on homepathy that doesn't conclude it's "stupid, just water and people who endorse it are stupid" should be strongly reviewed again by someone with a brain.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by sashki
My point exactly.

Let me get this straight, you don't think there should be such things as opinion pages in newspapers?
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Obviously they've looked at the situation and thought OK, on one hand, we can lower the NHS budget and make even more money off water, but on the other hand, when we end up in hospital we're going to die.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Conservatives FTL.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
If anyone believes that water has a memory, especially one which will work when all of the original solution has been washed washed out, they probably have shite for brains.

Also, how is the market going to flood (puns ) with inferior homeopathic medicines? Its just ****ing tap water, no matter who makes it.
Was lacking a decent sig. Still is.
To be honest, anyone who thinks drinking water will cure them of whatever they have (unless they have dehydration), doesn't deserve a cure.
Quote by Todd Hart
To be honest, anyone who thinks drinking water will cure them of whatever they have (unless they have dehydration), doesn't deserve a cure.

Drinking lots of water helps your skin
Was lacking a decent sig. Still is.
Homeos are offensive to God and Nature.

<_<

>_>

<_<
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

<_<

>_>

<_<

This.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
See there? Not only America does stupid things with its medicine.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

<_<

>_>

<_<

But it's homeoapathy man. Nobody cares.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by SteveHouse
See there? Not only America does stupid things with its medicine.

Oh my
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Quote by Jackal58
But it's homeoapathy man. Nobody cares.
nice twist.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

<_<

>_>

<_<

^This.

OT: Anyone who will choose homeopathy before real medicine to cure something life-threatening is just playing into natural selection. Really, this move is stunningly brilliant. "Lets just let them have their shitty, ineffective 'medicine' and stop forcing the stuff that works on people too stupid to know the difference."
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Last edited by doomded at Jul 29, 2010,
This is dangerous. Has no one heard of the guy who was treated with homoeopathic medicine and died of an underdose?
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by doomded
^This.

OT: Anyone who will choose homeopathy before real medicine to cure something life-threatening is just playing into natural selection. Really, this move is stunningly brilliant. "Lets just let them have their shitty, ineffective 'medicine' and stop forcing the stuff that works on people too stupid to know the difference."

I wish they would invent the ability to punch people through the internet so that I could artificially select out the millions of people who don't understand natural selection.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by TheBurningFish
This is dangerous. Has no one heard of the guy who was treated with homoeopathic medicine and died of an underdose?

Someone tried to top themselves with homeopathic pills a while ago. Hurrrrr.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I wish they would invent the ability to punch people through the internet so that I could artificially select out the millions of people who don't understand natural selection.

I'm sorry. I knew that wasn't the proper term, but it was the only thing I could think of that would get my point across properly. Which is: People who chose homeopathy first to cure something life-threatening dont exactly qualify as intelligent, and probably shouldn't be able to reproduce.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by webbtje

Honestly?
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by webbtje

Did they die of water poisoning?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Page 1 of 2