Hey, I'm looking for a cheap, easy way to switch channels on my marshall tsl, as well as turning effect pedals on and off.
eg, I might be playing on my amp's OD channel and then want to switch to the amp's clean channel and turn on a few effect pedals - all at the same time with one button.

I've heard midi is the way to do this but I haven't a clue about what it is or how to use it
I need a really REALLY cheap midi thing to do what I want, so can anyone help?
The Behringer MIDI controllers are well priced and unlike a lot of other Behringer stuff doesn't draw reliablilty concerns
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
the GSC looks awesome that's basically what I want, but it's way way out of my price range, that's more expensive than the amp!

the behringer controller you mentioned, is that the fcb1010? that's more reasonably priced but I'm not sure how to use it, would I need anything else or would it do everything?
I've got no idea how I'd connect everything up either
IIRC they don't have effects loops so it may not be the right one for you unless you have MIDI compatible effects. If you are running a multiFX unit with MIDi you would be cooking with gas.
I use my old GP-8 with the matching FC100 MIDI'd up to a Quadraverb with the ext controllers connected to my amp to switch channels. It works a treat - one button and everything changes.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification