Why do all the power supplies I see like voodoo lab, supachargers, fuel tank, etc, only have 5-8 outlets for 9v adapters? Say if you have 10 or 11 or 15 pedals on your board. What do you do? Do you get 2 of them? Daisy chain off of one? Why don't they make power supplies with more available outlets?
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
i think most people use two
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Sure you can daisy chain some of them. Isolated supplies are needed for very few pedals.
And 15 pedals on your board? Sounds like somebody over-compensating for a lack of skill with their instrument.

*Raise the shields Mr Sulu*

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
i'm not saying i have 15. but some people do and i was wondering how they power them. and why power supplies don't have more outlets to make it easier for bigger boards.
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
You can call me Matt
Well if they had 15 outlets somebody would say "why don't they have 20?". If they had 20 somebody would say "why don't they have 25?"
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
true i guess. but i feel like one with 12 wouldn't be too ridiculous.
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
You can call me Matt
I think there's a limit. I'm running into that problem myself with like 20 pedals, some of which are 24v, some of which have to have a dedicated power supply, some of which can't be daisy chained to each other. I'm running 2 one spots, and like 4 wall warts jammed into a power conditioner glued under my board.

I'm grabbing myself two of these things soon though to put under my board.

http://www.customaudioelectronics.com/products?view=product&prod_id=prod39
http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=330&pmh=products/dunlop

It's got the most outputs I've found so far.

http://www.thegigrig.com/acatalog/TheGigRig_Effects_Power_Supply_Solution.html
that modular power solution is really nice too but it gets expensive if you have a lot of pedals that need isolated power.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
It's not which is why it gets expensive. you can buy a virtual battery that isolates one output but they are like 100 bucks for 3.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by crzysnowborder
Why do all the power supplies I see like voodoo lab, supachargers, fuel tank, etc, only have 5-8 outlets for 9v adapters? Say if you have 10 or 11 or 15 pedals on your board. What do you do? Do you get 2 of them? Daisy chain off of one? Why don't they make power supplies with more available outlets?

I understand what you are saying, but most power units are built for the general consensus. If they only built them w/ 12-16+ power outlets, then there will be people complaining that the power supplies are too big. I think it's fine how manufacturers are building them, you can never please everyone. I have on my main board 10-12 effects at any given time, because of that I used to use the VL PP2+ and the ISO-5. I have since switched over to the CAE/MXR MC-403, perfect for my board. My secondary board only has 6 pedals on it. So for that application, I use the ISO-5 and daisy chain for the other pedal on the board.