0 0%
Mechanical and Aerospace
11 19%
Nuclear
1 2%
Textile
0 0%
Voters: 57.
I'm about to enter my first year at a "highly ranked" university for engineering. I thought I was definitely going to do chemical, but my first love is space. If I knew I could have an interesting job doing it, I'd go into aerospace then masters in astronautical. The first year is the same for all of us, though.

Discuss anything relevant to your engineering career here, from classes to what you're building, to the job market.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
oh, sweet! I've never visited it. Will resurrect it.

only 10 allowed options :/
my school offers 18.

I'm none at the moment. However, I am planning to Computer Science.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
i'm going to the university of leeds to student civil, no idea what im gonna specialize in yet.
Quote by Psalm 150:4
Discuss anything relevant to your engineering career here

one time me and my bassist made a mic stand out of sawhorses and duct tape.
Plan to Major in Environmental science and minor in engineering. Haven't actually started college yet however...
He is useless on top of the ground; he ought to be under it, inspiring the cabbages
Going to be starting a HND in Engineering systems in August. Which includes detailed modules on Electrical & Mechanical Engineering in the oil and gas industries.

Go Me!

PSN ID: ArranP
Just finished my second year of Chemical. Its hard work, but should be worth it in the end. Might end up edging towards renewable energy, thats where the big bucks are gonna be in a few years time
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
I've just done a 4 year MEng at the university of manchester in Electrical & Electronic and now work for Siemens as a HV Protection Design Engineer working on projects for the National Grid. Had a queue of companies offering me jobs so in my opinion Electrical (not electronic!) is the way to go. That's just an opinion of course, it's all down to your interests and motivations, you'll do well as an engineer though that's for sure. You'll also get wound up when Sky refer to the people who install your new Sky box as "Engineers" :P
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..
Just a thing, shouldn't be Systems together with Electrical and Computers? Over here in Argentina at least, Systems Engineering is mostly about software development.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I'm a biomed. Basically I should have majored in mechanical engineering for what I want to do. Biomedical engineering is sort of a waste of time because it's just a little bit of all the other engineering disciplines applied to the medical field.
I done engineering because I want the big bucks. Am I doin it right?

Quote by apmaman
Im a dentist because I want the big bucks. Am I doin it right?

You're doing it right.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
I think I'll become a Comp Sci major and go ahead and get a Masters and such. Basically, a Computer Engineer, if that's even a term.
Computer science and computer engineering are two different majors most of the time
Nanotech Engineering bitches!!

EDIT: I answered Chem, since Nano is pretty closely related to it
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Last edited by zippidyduda at Jul 29, 2010,
Quote by zippidyduda
Nanotech Engineering bitches!!

EDIT: I answered Chem, since Nano is pretty closely related to it

I've been thinking Nanoscience. Shit's interesting.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
I'm doing Audio Tech w/ electronics next year. That counts as engineering in my book.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Getting ready to finish up my last year at Ohio State in Industrial and Systems Engineering. Had some nice internships so far, so I guess I can't complain.

Ohh by the way, **** business. It's for people who drop out of engineering.
Just starting school in September. I'm not sure how universal this is but I choose my major after the first year. Right now I have to take courses on everything.

Planning on going Chemical, especially since I live in an oil rich city. That could change though depending on the next year .
Quote by CaptainRon
Just starting school in September. I'm not sure how universal this is but I choose my major after the first year. Right now I have to take courses on everything.

Planning on going Chemical, especially since I live in an oil rich city. That could change though depending on the next year .

You live on the gulf coast?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Quote by apmaman
I done engineering because I want the big bucks. Am I doin it right?

Nope.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.