Can anybody recommend me some fun/impressive instrumental songs to learn on the acoustic that have a cool rhythm, similar to john butler's ocean?
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
Classical gas - eric clapton
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
IT'S NOT ERIC CLAPTON^

Scarborough Fair. Tons of versions. Anything Trace Bundy if you can learn it.

Angelina by Tommy Emmanuel is incredible as well.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Last edited by Artemis Entreri at Jul 29, 2010,
ITS NOT CLAPTON!!!!!

-cough cough- anyway.check out some chet atkins/jerry reed...youtube kind of sucks,you really need to just buy a random album or something to truly hear how jerry reed is one of the greatest guitar players of his style.any album you get im sure you wont be disappointed.even tho im not a hugh fan of it,that fingerstyle guitar stuff is amazing.
BUT CLAPTON DID A VERSION OF IT!
So, really, yes, it was Clapton. And that's the one I'm telling him to listen to.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Waltzing Matilda, by Larry Pattis!

I've never actually found any tabs for the song, but it's still amazing. It's a fingerstyle version of what is apparently the unofficial national anthem of Australia... so if you only search for "Waltzing Matilda," you're results will include a whole lot of vocal songs sung by people with awesome accents.
Gotta finish my work, then play some grooves, so I can turn my room into a house of blues...
Quote by charlie__flynn
BUT CLAPTON DID A VERSION OF IT!
So, really, yes, it was Clapton. And that's the one I'm telling him to listen to.

hey moron,check your resources before posting something like this,clapton NEVER did a version of it,never recorded it,and has never been seen playing it.screw those youtube videos title clapton,those people are just as misinformed as you.
Aaaaand this is to finally clarify everything about the Clapton issue. I present to you a quote from the Wikipedia article for "Classical Gas":

"There is a common misconception that "Classical Gas" was composed and performed by Eric Clapton, when in fact Clapton was never even known to have recorded a cover of the song. This misconception may possibly be attributed to the fact that Clapton was musical director of, and played much of the guitar music for, the feature film The Story of Us, whereas the version of "Classical Gas" on the film's soundtrack is actually Williams's own solo-guitar re-recording of it, from his 1970 album Hand Made."
Gotta finish my work, then play some grooves, so I can turn my room into a house of blues...