Hi everyone, I need some help on a problem that is rather annoying regarding a guitar I recently traded a guy for. The guitar is an Ibanez RG350DX and for no apparent reason, the volume knob won't go all the way down to a point where it cuts out the volume completely. It will go up and down, but never cut out totally. Anyone have any insight?
it wants to be heard.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
try to blow out the pot with compressed air to make sure there`s no dirt in there, then spray some contact cleaner into the pot.

also just check that its mounted properly and that the nut holding it in place is tight
My guitar used to do this, but one day i got angry and twisted the volume knob quite hard and it worked...I guess I moved something into place So maybe gently applying pressure would be a good idea, just don't overdo it, if it doesn't work try something else!
It probably got bumped and damaged, you could try forcing it, but probably needs replacing.
Quote by metalriff735
My guitar used to do this, but one day i got angry and twisted the volume knob quite hard and it worked...I guess I moved something into place So maybe gently applying pressure would be a good idea, just don't overdo it, if it doesn't work try something else!

That worked actually thanks man.
Glad you found a solution. I had this happen with the volume pot on an RG321MH after I'd removed and then reinstalled it.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...