Can i wear this kind of time signature in a rock song 8/4?
Most people use 4/4 in rock , but i have songs that fit well with that time signature 8/4.
Im i doing something out of rules?

Can you show me some songs with that time signature
There are no rules. If you understand how 8/4 works and it sounds good then there are no problems.
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.
Quote by SixStringSting
Can i wear this kind of time signature in a rock song 8/4?
Most people use 4/4 in rock , but i have songs that fit well with that time signature 8/4.
Im i doing something out of rules?

Can you show me some songs with that time signature

Yup. You can. There's nothing against it.
It's really just two measures of 4/4. I don't know how the accents would be aside from the 1, 3, 5, and 7.
If it sounds good to you, screw theory. Some of the best songs are the ones where conventions have been broken. I have Grade 6 in music theory, so I can say this, but when you know the theory, breaking it to make something sound good is so much more satisfying, than sticking to the rules that have worked for others.
Quote by SixStringSting
is there any rock songs with 8/4?

Dream Theater - Burning My Soul is in 8/4
Ibanez: RGD2127Z
Ibanez: RG1527
Ibanez: RG1570
Ibanez: S7420
Ibanez: JS100
Dean: Razorback Cemetery Gates
Peavey: 6505+
Fractal Audio: Axe FX II mark 2
Mesa Boogie: Recto 4x12

7>6! Join the 7-string legion!
Quote by tehREALcaptain
maybe, I really don't know what you have in 8/4 that wouldn't fit in 4/4 though.

is a chord pogression like this: D-F#-Bm-G
a kind of happy dancing rock.
the bass will be like this, in this case is in 4/4, but sound better on 8/4.
The guitar chords only appear once on the begining of the 8/4 bar

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
there isn't really a reason to have 8/4...it is the same as 2 measures of 4/4
2010 Gibson SG Honeyburst
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche

My Website
Quote by Stud_Muffin
If it sounds good to you, screw theory. Some of the best songs are the ones where conventions have been broken. I have Grade 6 in music theory, so I can say this, but when you know the theory, breaking it to make something sound good is so much more satisfying, than sticking to the rules that have worked for others.

Grade 7, watcha gonna do?

just kidding, i second what dim5th said
Quote by DiminishedFifth
So?

So, I know how music theory works? Maybe it wasnt needed for me to specify, but I assumed that I'd get flamed to hell for saying "screw theory", like a noob would, without having any theory knowledge and just dismissing it.

I was only sharing my opinion that when you have a basic grasp of theory, its great when you make an unconventional progression, scale or time signature work in an approachable context.

Maybe you have a higher level of theory knowledge than me, but that doesn't warrent a blunt "So?", when I try and make a point.
Quote by Stud_Muffin
So, I know how music theory works? Maybe it wasnt needed for me to specify, but I assumed that I'd get flamed to hell for saying "screw theory", like a noob would, without having any theory knowledge and just dismissing it.

I was only sharing my opinion that when you have a basic grasp of theory, its great when you make an unconventional progression, scale or time signature work in an approachable context.

Maybe you have a higher level of theory knowledge than me, but that doesn't warrent a blunt "So?", when I try and make a point.

No one was going to flame you for anything. I've made that point myself many-a-time.

It's just that no one here cares what level theory you have... as long as you give good information. I could understand if (in the case of) an argument were to arise and you'd want to show your "credentials"...

Just tryin' to say, it doesn't matter. And, honestly, I have no idea how high my level of theory is. Here in the States we don't have Grades... we just have an AP test :/

Wanna know an interesting fact? At some point in time, Bach has broken every single one of his "rules".
Bach is my homeboy
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche

My Website
that would work great to carry my mics and mic cables is look like a nerd at the same time

My Website
Its 4/4, why try and break away from the herd?
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
Quote by Angusman60
there isn't really a reason to have 8/4...it is the same as 2 measures of 4/4

the only reason is the strong beat of the chord at the begining of bar 8/4.
If the beat is 4/4, thers two bars for a strong chord.(not necessary, better count 12345678 )
thats the only logical thought i have.
...maybe i´m wrong
Quote by SixStringSting
the only reason is the strong beat of the chord at the begining of bar 8/4.
If the beat is 4/4, thers two bars for a strong chord.(not necessary, better count 12345678 )
thats the only logical thought i have.
...maybe i´m wrong

You're not wrong... it's just... superfluous.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
You're not wrong... it's just... superfluous.

it´s easier that being 1234 1234 etc.
the same 8/4 for this one:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Quote by Stud_Muffin
I have Grade 6 in music theory, so I can say this

Where do you get a grade for music theory?
Quote by nbur4556
Where do you get a grade for music theory?

Well, I'm in the UK, so I don't know how it works if you're in the US, for example, but ABRSM, as well as others, i think, let you take grades in theory as well as practical.
I had to get grade 3 to get on my music course at college, but I kept going, because I enjoyed it, and a grade 5 minimum is expected at many universities.