We're thinking about buying an accordion for my dad. Basicallly we know nothing about them so anybody here play? What are things to look in when buying one (other than price). Nothing too expensive....budget is about $400 max (US). It needs to be a full size piano accordion. There are no nearby stores we know of that have accordions, but if there are any you know of near Atlanta, please let me know. Thanks
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Quote by ChucklesMginty
It might be worth checking craigslist, you could find something pretty interesting.

+1. Craigslist is always the best place to start looking. Plus Atlanta is a big city so that helps the odds that there may be one on there.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
i have an accordion, they're pretty popular around here. mine's a pretty basic one i got from a friend, keyboard layout, in F (can't play E basses,) and only has basic mayor and minor triads on the left hand (A D G C F Bb). you should do some research, there are many types: button, keyboard, chromatics, diatonics, etc. check out e-bay too.