New demo song added! It's III and in the same link.

I re-did some of my old guitar pro 5 compositions with my guitar only.

The songs are very stripped down and simple for now, and I'm wondering, should I add anything? (like program strings etc)

Not really anything else to say, I know they aren't perfect but I did my best (I could in the time).

C4C is promised, but please, do not ask me to give critique on a song that is metal- or deathcore for I so much despise both genres, but if you crit my songs, I will promise to do the same.

They can be found here:
http://www.mikseri.net/kuunsilta (this thread is for I and II)
I live near Lake Bodom WORSHIP MEEEEEEE

Quote by Sami Philadelph
LOL, for some reason the impression I get from you is like some wacky Frank Zappa of metal pulling pranks at the Grammys and telling crude jokes during interviews.
Last edited by henkka_potku at Jul 30, 2010,
Neo Folk? Would you mind elaborating on the genre definition?

I think a bass wouldn't go amiss, and if you have the very rare ability to program strings that dont sound cheesy definitely bring them in later on on the first one.
SMILE!
Neofolk is acoustic music that draws inspiration from folk music and nature etc.

I am kind of afraid to program strings, but if someone could tell me what else to program instead (piano, etc) I'd be pleased.

Quote by Sami Philadelph
LOL, for some reason the impression I get from you is like some wacky Frank Zappa of metal pulling pranks at the Grammys and telling crude jokes during interviews.
Wow...this is damn right depressing! But in a strange way, it's almost beautiful. I only have a few criticisms, I'm afraid, and they mainly rest in how the song is mixed/recorded. I'm hearing alot of background noise through my speakers. I'd recommend cutting the lower frequencies on the guitar. If you recorded this through one mic, I'd double the track up, pan it in opposite directions (L/R) and eq them slightly differently on each end to bulk out the mix.

Now, if you want to add anything to the mix, I'd recommend some VERY minimal piano. Maybe just a few notes to add a bit of sparkle.
Quote by gallagher2006
I'm hearing alot of background noise through my speakers. I'd recommend cutting the lower frequencies on the guitar.

Have yet to discover where are the EQ settings on Reaper :/
Quote by gallagher2006
If you recorded this through one mic, I'd double the track up, pan it in opposite directions (L/R) and eq them slightly differently on each end to bulk out the mix.

This I did.
Quote by gallagher2006
Now, if you want to add anything to the mix, I'd recommend some VERY minimal piano. Maybe just a few notes to add a bit of sparkle.

Just might do this.

Quote by Sami Philadelph
A new song up (I think bumping was allowed for this?)

Quote by Sami Philadelph
Kuunsilta - I - Great haunting vibe to it. Possibly the two guitars are a tad too similar in tone.
It has a verure sad and 'nature' vibe to it, quite medival as well. A bit of Cello would be nice I think.

Kuunsilta - II - Again lovely feel, quite similar to the first in its medival sound. Strings would be nice, altough real strings would be best if you have any friends who play, synthetic ones never sound quite right to me.

Good luck, great tunes