Im trying to get a handle on this keller williams song, I can see the barre chords pretty clear enough to follow those, and I see that he raises his index finger from the 6th string and does this hammer/pull off thing while he is strumming, but the strumming is what is throwing me off on this song...and he typically uses this strum in his songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpGL4mSRgTQ

above is the song I am trying to learn, any idea of what he is doing to get this sound?
its just that little part at like 27 seconds in that gives me issues, is it really just a double in speed??? it seems like a little more than that...hmm...
He's picking and sweeping about as much as he's strumming.
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.
I've almost given up lol

is he tuned down a 1/2 step?
Last edited by PattyCakes at Jul 29, 2010,
Quote by PattyCakes
I've almost given up lol

Keller's no slouch.
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.
I got the main verse down for the most part, atleast enough to sing along and play...not exactly nor nearly as good as Keller's but hey, he is insane...

can anyone help me with the break down though? I am having problems figuring it out

Basically what I have for the main verse are these barre chords (I will just discuss them in E Standard but I am actually tuned 1/2 step down)

F#maj
Amaj
Bmaj
Emaj

so you do that progression once, then the second time it comes around instead of hitting that Emaj you just hold that Bmaj for 2 bars

but after that is where I am having problems...if anyone could help me that'd be sweet

At about 53 seconds in is where I would like a bit of help...thanks again!

EDIT: I have came up with this as to what he is doing

C#maj
Bmaj
Amaj
Bmaj for the breakdown then as he comes out of it it goes...

F#maj
Amaj
Emaj

I had it going Bmaj to Bminor on the first part...but i think now that it is Emaj...his middle finger just threw me off a bit he made the minor shape but his pinky is I guess coming down further to make that Ashape Emajor chord
Last edited by PattyCakes at Jul 30, 2010,