Hey guys, so I'm looking to get an Avatar 2x12 contemporary cab filled with v30's.

My rythm guitarist and i talked today about our current amp situation. Right now we're considering running two amp heads into a 2x12 cab (he still needs to buy his amp head, which we are thinking will be a Jet City jca50H).

However, this would mean i would have to buy a cabinet that is 16 ohms stereo (each speaker would be 16 ohms). To play this mono, i would need two speaker cables and switch my head's output down to 8ohms, i recognize this.

My question: When my guitarist gets his own cab (which will be a long while), can I get my cabinet rewired from 16 ohms stereo to 8 ohms mono by my local amp tech?

Having the cab 8ohms mono is ideal for me, seeing as how i want room for another cabinet and my head has 2 speaker outputs.

Thanks for the help, I'm assuming you can, but I want to be 100% sure before i purchase.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
Doesn't most cabs have the ability to run in stereo now?

Edit: one Vintage 30 is pretty helpless against a 120W head though.
Last edited by boffen at Jul 29, 2010,
Quote by boffen
Doesn't most cabs have the ability to run in stereo now?

Edit: one Vintage 30 is pretty helpless against a 120W head though.

You make a good point, as i said, its temporary.

Avatar runs their cabs with no computer parts (an ohms switch) because that is susceptible to failure.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?