Hey guys, sorry for the overabundance of posts I've had lately regarding rack gear.
I'm getting tired of my ISP Theta Preamp, and although it sells for over a grand now, I can't find ANYONE to buy it, I'm at the point where I'll take pretty much any reasonable offer right now.
No, I'm not advertising this here, don't think that.

Now to my question:

Since it's hard for me to find a buyer of my preamp, I'm looking to spend the least amount of money possible, but also get the best "bang for my buck".
If that's impossible, I'm willing to save.

So I've been looking at the Pod XT pro, and the Pod X3 pro.
My concern right now, is which one is more efficient for me?
I can get the XT for $190 new off of eBay, whereas the X3 is 500 at the cheapest.
Now the XLR jacks on the X3 would occasionally be nice, (if I wanted to practice vocals, if I was at band practice and something happened to our singers set up).
But other than that, I can't tell any MAJOR differences.
Yes, the X3 has several more amp models, several more effects, but those aren't things that I think I'd ever really find myself using.

Recording is nice, but I'm under the impression that they both are capable of recording.

Any help is great, if you need any more info from me, I'll be happy to give it.

Thanks,

Austin.
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
I have the regular PodXT and I had faced a similiar dilemma when I purchased it over the X3. Since I already had a seperate vocal recording setup I factored that out of the equation and really the only major difference that I could find was the extra amps and effects. You can buy those updates seperately from Line 6 and they often offer it as a package deal, which is what I ended up buying for $100.

I would say buy the XT and wait for Line 6 to put the add-ons on sale and you'll be laughing.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
Quote by KillRoy Ver 3.0
I have the regular PodXT and I had faced a similiar dilemma when I purchased it over the X3. Since I already had a seperate vocal recording setup I factored that out of the equation and really the only major difference that I could find was the extra amps and effects. You can buy those updates seperately from Line 6 and they often offer it as a package deal, which is what I ended up buying for $100.

I would say buy the XT and wait for Line 6 to put the add-ons on sale and you'll be laughing.

Thank you so much.
It's nice to actually have helpful people, ha.
What's your opinion on the tone?
I play heavier music, metal, I guess you could say.
Could I easily cover that?
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
Yes you can get some great metal tones, and cleans. There are also a ton of effects that will help you cover off just about any tone you may be after.

Here is a link to their various model packs expansions:

http://line6.com/modelPacks/

I have picked up the Metal Shop, FX Junkie, Collector Classics and Bass Expansion for mine.

Also, here is a link to the Pod XT where you can find out what it already comes with.

http://line6.com/podxtpro/

Last but not least, Line 6 has a website where users can upload there tones that they have created for others to download. I've found some pretty interesting stuff on there to either get myself pointed in the right direction or just keep and use.

http://line6.com/customtone/

Hope this helps you out and good luck.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
yes the models are the same, but the processors in the X3 are more powerfull, and they do sound better, not night and day better, but better. Also, if youre ever going to use it to record, which i would say you would? as this is really where the X3's (or any pod for that matter) real strength is, then i would suggest going for the X3. Reason being the X3 uses USB 2.0, the xt is older (and much slower) 1.1 i believe. this makes the X3 a much better recording interface. there is more reasons than this that i could ramble on about, but i think these are the majors.
Last edited by rgoring at Jul 30, 2010,