Looking for a new amp! It needs to have a good gain channel that's capable of doing low to mid/high gain stuff a la Satch, Vai, Buckethead, Andy Timmons, and all that jazz (not necessarily jazz). I'm also very picky about the clean channel, but it's not top priority. I have a fender for that. I would definitely prefer a DARKER voiced amp capable of at least a decent bass response. Tried a JSX and V3, and they are both too harsh on the high end. I've been set on a Carvin Legacy for a while, and it's great, but its quite loud, and I really would like a few more options. Not looking in any certain direction, so feel free to recommend something smooth like a Legacy or more raw like a darker-sounding Marshall (Orange perhaps?). Maybe something more unique! Budget is $1000 new OR used, but I will reach for the perfect amp if I have to. Thanks guys
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Quote by forsaknazrael
Not gonna get an Orange with that budget.

Do you already own a cab?

Yes indeed
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Quote by forsaknazrael
Not gonna get an Orange with that budget.

Do you already own a cab?

????

The Tiny Terror Tube Combo Is Perfectly is This Budget.
I think for his budget there isn't anything wrong with it. But I bet it isn't one of the better orange amps.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Yea, except I don't like the Tiny Terror at all.

it's not a high gain amp, either, with the clarity for stuff like Andy Timmons either.

Yeah I heard its not a "true" Orange. Probably not gonna go for it, but its worth a try at GC, I guess
Quote by blackflag49

you can grab a used rocker 30 head for about a grand if you already have a cab.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by Funk Monk
I think for his budget there isn't anything wrong with it. But I bet it isn't one of the better orange amps.

If you're brand new, it's a bit of a rip off in the states.

A Rocker 30 should have enough gain for what you play, might need an OD to tighten it up depending on your tastes.

If you can stretch your budget, I'd look at a used Rockerverb.
Will try the rocker series. I feel we've steered too far into Orange territory, so anything else? My needs probably aren't going to be satisfied at this budget (damn GAS), so lets say $1300 USED
Quote by blackflag49

Peavey 6505 4x12. My friend gave it to me for free, as it was broken at the time, but my uncle fixed it up.
Quote by blackflag49

What about that new thunder 30 head that orange have just released? You could probably base a setup around that based on the uk prices
Ok it's been 100% Orange in this thread. Let's move on :
Quote by blackflag49

+1 - that did sound good

You wouldn't happen to be anywhere near LA? Lots of stuff....

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/search/msg?query=amp&srchType=A&minAsk=700&maxAsk=1400

Jul 30 - krankenstein 120+ amp head washburn dimebag guitar - $1000 (Burbank) pic

Jul 30 - Marshall JCM2000 w/ Ampeg Cab - $1150 (Los Angeles) pic

Jul 29 - Mesa Boogie Mark 3 Simul Class Blue Stripe with grundorf rack - $750 (Pasadena Area ) pic

Jul 29 - VHT/Fryette Deliverence 60 - $900 (Agoura Hills) pic

Jul 29 - guitar marshell amp - $1200 (los angeles) pic

Jul 29 - Marshall Plexi Reissue - $1250 OBO - $1250 (Long Beach) pic

Jul 29 - Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier Head - $750 (Agoura Hills) pic

Jul 28 - RIVERA KNUCKLEHEAD II. - $1300 (Hollywood, Everywhere) pic

Jul 28 - Mesa Boogie F-100 Amplifier (Pick Up Only) - $700 (Echo Park) pic

Jul 27 - Marshall Amp JCM2000 DSL100 w/ 1960's lead cab half stack - $1099 (Irvine/ Huntington Beach)

Jul 27 - Mesa Dual Rectifier - $1400 (Hollywood) pic

Jul 27 - LINE 6 VETTA II 300W STEREO GUITAR AMP - $800 (LOS ANGELES) pic

Jul 27 - Marshall Half-stack/JCM900 100W Hi-Gain Dual Reverb Head/JCM 900 CAB - $1099 (North Hollywood) pic

Jul 27 - Bugera 333XL Head & Marshall Cab - $750 (Redondo Beach) pic

Jul 27 - Marshall JCM 2000 TSL Amp and 1960 A cabinet - $1200 (Woodland Hills) pic

Jul 26 - Peavey JSX Head - $700 (Whittier)
I saw a Rockerverb 50 mk.1 on ebay for $1200 the other day. It's possible.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
I wish I could check out the Nomad, as nobody around me stocks them. That does sound like a good option though. I've heard some really terrible demos, but some great ones too. Nice and smooth to my ears.
Quote by blackflag49