ok so i am in a dillemma. my roommate and i rent out a basement in someones house. and we were sharing a tv in the common room. but he all of a sudden got cranky or something and decided that he wants the tv in his room. but the tv is his, so i cant really argue with him abougt what he wants to do with his tv. so i have like a cable wall outlet in my room. tghe only problem is, is tghat he took the cable box they gave us. and the landlords said that they cant give us another box. so is there anything i can buy and hook up to a tv in my room and get all the same channels without having the actual comcast box?

pleae let me know!
A dreamcatcher works, if your dream is to be gay.
-- Demetri Martin

Maryland Deathcore
Hang The Wench
I didn't read your post but your name is br00tal, TS
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Last edited by GibsonMan321 at Jul 29, 2010,
yeah i thought about the splitter, but i mean the box is in his room, i cant just run a cord all the way from his to mine.
-- Demetri Martin

Maryland Deathcore
Hang The Wench
Are you paying for the cable? If so, why can't you get another box?
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by GibsonMan321

this

put the wire going into the box into the side that has 1 thing and then hook 2 cables to the other side, 1 goes to your tv and 1 to his box.

youll have basic cable(like channels 1-69 or whatever it is now) but you wont have all the 300 channels that digital cable gets.

you have to pay like an extra $20 a month for an extra box
Quote by xD3vourm3nTx
yeah i thought about the splitter, but i mean the box is in his room, i cant just run a cord all the way from his to mine.

Unless your rooms are ridiculously far apart, I don't see why not. Just put it under the carpet where the floor meets the wall. You'll never know it's there.
like the way our basement is set up..his room is like all the way to the left..then we share the center kitchen/den area and my room is to the right. so i would have to have to have this cable just crawling all along the floor througouth the whole house. so i dunno. boo this sucks. i mean like we didnt have digital cable. we had only the like 1-70 or whatever. so i dunno if that will help with the situation.
-- Demetri Martin

Maryland Deathcore
Hang The Wench
Quote by xD3vourm3nTx
like the way our basement is set up..his room is like all the way to the left..then we share the center kitchen/den area and my room is to the right. so i would have to have to have this cable just crawling all along the floor througouth the whole house. so i dunno. boo this sucks. i mean like we didnt have digital cable. we had only the like 1-70 or whatever. so i dunno if that will help with the situation.

There might be some way to tamper with the box and split the signal after the coaxial goes into the box, but thats illegal and if you get caught by the cable company you'll get screwed. I'm not sure of any other way to get all the channels other than to get another box, OR you could try and sort something out with the ppl you live with.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
Quote by RU Experienced?
Tell him to stop being a douche and get a little tv for his room...when you moved in together you pretty much made the agreement that yiou guys were sharing shit, and the tv is the ultimate thing needing to be shared.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!