I mean OD....but really, I've been looking at both the Fulltone OCD and the Ibanez Ts-9 Keeley mod. I've done plenty of research on various sites/UG and I hear these two are pretty popular. Can you help me understand the tonal differences between the two? I'm looking at a very versatile overdrive pedal that can sound great from slightly boosting your gain, to a humongous shred-filled gain fest. thanks for the help!
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
the fulltone will get you there almost.

if you want a shred filled gain fest look at hermida tiki, mosferatu, love pedal eternity, love pedal redhead.

the fulltone ocd and ts-9 have plenty of gain but not a shred fest.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
I guess what I'm wondering here is which would you guys prefer here? or if there's another option you really think would be better, definitely tell me
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
For years the TS-808 and the TS-9 were the "go to" pedals for pretty much everyone. They are still very popular pedals (I own a TS-9 myself, good pedal) but I'm starting to see a lot of other pedals showing up on people's pedal boards including the OCD, the MXR Wylde OD, the Maxon OD-808 (basically the original TS-808 since Maxon made the tubescreamers for Ibanez back in the day), etc.

I'm not discrediting the Ibanez pedals or their capabilities, but there are so many more choice on the market these days. Its really all about personal taste. If you have a retail store close to you (Guitar Center/Sam Ash) then take an afternoon or a whole day if you'd like and try as many pedals as you can through a rig as close to yours as you can get.