I'm looking for a good practice amp. Anyone own either of these amps? Would you reccomend them? These two seem to be the closest to what I'm looking for price-range and sound-wise (from what I can tell from youtube reviews).

I've played the class 5 in GuitarCenter and liked the cleans a whole lot. Can you put a good overdrive sound over it?

Haven't played the HT-5 but the youtube reviews of it all sound good and I like that it has two channels where the Class 5 doesn't. But then again, I like that the Class 5 can be run through a bigger amp/speaker.

Help?
are you sure you need a 5 watt amp...both those amps are pretty bad and overpriced.

egnater tweaker.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
are you sure you need a 5 watt amp...both those amps are pretty bad and overpriced.

egnater tweaker.

I already have a Tourmaster 4100 Head/Cab and I have an MG head on a JCM '67 cabinet, but all of my practice amps are really crappy. I don't really need another Egnater either and it's two hundred dollars more than I would prefer to spend.
why do you need a practice amp then if you already have that stuff? sell the mg and grab a pod or something. in fact. why do you sitll have the mg if you have a tourmaster?
i liked what i heard of the class 5. its nothing amazing, but i think it has a decent niche in the market and a niche for what you are looking for. even five watts can get decently loud, and plus you would get that great powertube overdrive at a low functional volume.

i would imagine boosting it with an OCD or something would give you a nice dirty sound if the amp was relatively cleen (or even if it was dirty for something hard overdriven) and kind of act like having another channel switching on and off the boost.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
IMHO it depends on what you want in your practise amp for example if you use alot of effects then you would be better off with the blackstar becuase of the effects loop.

So what I'm saying is wright down all your priorites of what you want in a practise amp and then see which of those 2 amps suites you best.

BTW i wouldn't rely on youtube videos because they're most likely done with phones or laptop mics.
Quote by AcousticMirror
why do you need a practice amp then if you already have that stuff? sell the mg and grab a pod or something. in fact. why do you sitll have the mg if you have a tourmaster?

Why are you asking me all this crap and not just answering my question?

I am going to college this fall and don't want to bring an effing half stack, and I have the mg because I have TWO cabinets. It's nice to be able to play with other people at my house, like for example, my dad, who also plays.

Why do you have to be such a dick about this?
I'm sorry I was under the impression you wanted help. But it's obvious you're an idiot and my advice isn't welcome here. Enjoy either amp. They are both terrible. lates.
Quote by MM14
IMHO it depends on what you want in your practise amp for example if you use alot of effects then you would be better off with the blackstar becuase of the effects loop.

So what I'm saying is wright down all your priorites of what you want in a practise amp and then see which of those 2 amps suites you best.

BTW i wouldn't rely on youtube videos because they're most likely done with phones or laptop mics.

I realize that, but it gives you an idea the very least, especially when they actually show you the amp's knobs and such.

Well I'm not too big on effects... And my priorities are just to get something with a solid clean channel and something that could handle overdrive, whether it has it built in or if I buy a pedal.

Speaking of which, I plan to buy an overdrive soon. I hear a lot about the OCD and also the Ibanez TS9 Keeley Mod. Know which of the two would be better?
Quote by AcousticMirror
I'm sorry I was under the impression you wanted help. But it's obvious you're an idiot and my advice isn't welcome here. Enjoy either amp. They are both terrible. lates.

You sir, are a giant asshole. Go **** yourself.
The marshall class 5 sounds like it would be a good choice to me. I've played it before and I think it'll be just what you're looking for.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
Quote by AcousticMirror

I'm an idiot in what way? For wanting something quieter and lighter than a stack for college? Makes sense.

And I did want help, which you weren't offering. You were just asking me pointless questions and not giving me a straight answer.
[shameless plug]I got a blackstar combo for cheap for sale if you choose to go that route. so pm me if you do [/shameless plug]

I'd normally agree to AM in these conditions. Low wattage amps are just meh sounding. freshmen year of college i met alot of people who brought their halfstacks so it was cool. However some dorms and apartments are bitches about noise so a halfstack can make you the enemy of the complex and the favorite target of the police. Just find people with prior experience in the place you are living to see how things are
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by SGmaniac1021
You sir, are a giant asshole. Go **** yourself.
The marshall class 5 sounds like it would be a good choice to me. I've played it before and I think it'll be just what you're looking for.

yes i am. er...A does not necessarily have to lead to B so no I won't be doing that.
Quote by AcousticMirror
yes i am. er...A does not necessarily have to lead to B so no I won't be doing that.

Seriously, that was a really bad joke. Try again
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
Of those two the HT-5 is much, much better. Two channels, headphones with speaker emulation, and it can hit a better range of tones. But Acoustic is right—5 watt tube amps are too loud to be really good for low volumes and too quiet for anything else. If you need something that’s not too loud just get a good preamp like one of the HT pedals or a Sansamp.
Quote by Matt15f
get the bugera v5, the tone king liked it so you know its legit...

Can't tell if serious.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Can't tell if serious.

8 ball says not likely

i havent heard it in person so i dont know, but some dude tried to convince me it was a better buy than a cube/vypyr referencing the tone king review
Guitars
Amps
Quote by SGmaniac1021
Seriously, that was a really bad joke. Try again

are you and the class 5 going steady or something?
Or you could get a Z.Vex Nano
http://zvexamps.com/amp_view.html
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Quote by AcousticMirror
are you and the class 5 going steady or something?

I dont plan on ever buying a class 5. It's not what I need. I was just offering advice. You sir, need to find better things to do than be an ass every second of your shitty, lame ass life. I hope you fall in a pit of erect penises.
My Gear:
Quote by SGmaniac1021
I dont plan on ever buying a class 5. It's not what I need. I was just offering advice. You sir, need to find better things to do than be an ass every second of your shitty, lame ass life. I hope you fall in a pit of erect penises.

Like that would suck but I feel like I'd survive that. I'd feel bad for the penises. You ever hit something with an erect penis and bent it. Holy carp that hurts so much.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Like that would suck but I feel like I'd survive that. I'd feel bad for the penises. You ever hit something with an erect penis and bent it. Holy carp that hurts so much.

Do you fear death?
My Gear:
Quote by SGmaniac1021
Do you fear death?

i seriously doubt he fears anything but his parents.
this is full of so much win .

I now declare this thread to not be about the amps anymore.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by SGmaniac1021
Do you fear death?

well how erect would these penises be? I've only been hard enough to kill somebody maybe twice in my life and she really enjoyed it so I dunno. I figured I'd just bounce off and tuck and roll.
Can you people seriously not keep it together for one, single, thread?
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...