I need to order some tubes for my carvin, which tube site has the best prices and have people had the most luck with?

Also, does anyone know if the Carvin X100b's from the 80's (not carpeted) have a cathode follower stage? I'd like to get tungsols but I dont want them blowing out.
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Last edited by JWD32792 at Jul 29, 2010,
I can't speak to the Cathode follow (in V2) part so you may have to send Carvin an email. Several UGs own that model but I can't think of who they are off the top of my head.

Also, why not get one JJ or Sovtek or Penta?

These are my favorite places in order of preference.

dougstubes.com
thetubestore.com
tubedepot.com
eurotubes.com

Send doug an email and ask him for his recommendation.
So if it were to have a CFS it'd b the V2 slot?
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
I'm not sure but apparently if you put them in a cathode follower stage they die almost instantly.
Into:
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Okay so Eurotubes has an x100b kit for like 10-15 bucks cheaper than if I ordered them separately off of one of the other sites. Is Eurotubes pretty solid or is one of the other site worth paying a few extra bucks for?
Into:
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
that will be fine.

i bought a bias probe from them and it shipped asap.

they only sell JJs by the way which can be a tad on the dark side.

vs Bright.

how do you want to change your tone? and I highly recommend dougstubes.com