Page 1 of 2
I recently listened to Avenged Sevenfold's self-titled because a friend told me to, and despite the fact that I usually don't like them, or their whole genre for that matter, I found myself really enjoying it.
The same went for Train's first couple albums. I didn't really like his voice at first, and they sounded a bit too country for my tastes, but I ended up really liking them.

Pit, are there any albums/songs/artists that you wouldn't expect to like and aren't usually your taste that you like anyway?
LOVE ANTHONY GREEN?
Quote by sneyob
I am slightly disappointed =w=eeze took me out of his sig.

But that's okay.

^Consolation Sig
Anything by Katy Perry or Lady Gaga
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
McFLY

Pop Rock, but there's something that keeps me from hating any of their albums, especially Wonderland, a true masterpiece of Pop music.
I fucking love "The Final Countdown" for some weird reason. Also Ushers "You make me wanna" was the first album/single I ever owned.
Into Eternity are heavier than what I usually go for. (I know some metal forum regular will go "lol they're not heavy," but they are by my standards )

Eric Stuart is the only country artist I listen to.

Don't have much time for dance, but I do like Dario G. No idea what sub-genre they are though.
Quote by Minkaro
Into Eternity are heavier than what I usually go for. (I know some metal forum regular will go "lol they're not heavy," but they are by my standards )

Prog metal with the occasional growl? That's as heavy as paper.

There
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Not a fan of A7X, but I do like City of Evil

Also, Pillar. They're Christian metal, but I like them
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Jul 29, 2010,
Flyleaf... I hate that they're a "christian" band, and they're a band I wouldn't normally listen to, but I like the way the songs come together with the singer's voice. Some A7X as well.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Times New Viking - "Present the Praisley Reich"
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Musically speaking, everything is in my comfort zone. Lyrically, not so much. I can't stand homophobic lyrics, but I DO like DMX, so his music is a bit out of my comfort zone but I still listen to it.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
i dont really have comfort zones when it comes to music. I own albums by bands as varied Daath, megadeth (pre- cryptic wrtings), Son House, SRV, Thelonious Monk, Outkast, etc

good music is good music. regardless of the genre. people who get stuck in one genre tend to have boring musical ideas.
Quote by GibsonMan321
Flyleaf... I hate that they're a "christian" band, and they're a band I wouldn't normally listen to, but I like the way the songs come together with the singer's voice.

Kinda silly to hate on a band just because there are some Christian influences, imo. There are plenty of great bands that have put in references that don't come off as preachy. Thrice and Manchester Orchestra are two that come to my mind.
Quote by guitarsftw
Musically speaking, everything is in my comfort zone. Lyrically, not so much. I can't stand homophobic lyrics, but I DO like DMX, so his music is a bit out of my comfort zone but I still listen to it.

This. I don't mind shit lyrics, but I can't stand anything that's just plain retarded (ie God Hates Us All) or like you said, if it's homophobic or something, for example some of Jedi Mind Tricks' lyrics. Well, I don't mind it if it's not serious.
I really dislike Metal, and I don't usually go much heavier than what I understand to be "Metalcore" or "post-hardcore", but I am in love with BTBAM. That's pretty darn heavy for me.
LOVE ANTHONY GREEN?
Quote by sneyob
I am slightly disappointed =w=eeze took me out of his sig.

But that's okay.

^Consolation Sig
Normally I would rebuke anyone who listens to Vampire Weekend and the like...but their latest album has grown on me a bit...
I will ruin every of your stuff...

Sir, I believe I love you.
Yeah you can sig that if you want.
-Posted by Kynyster_K
Almost all of my music is guitar-driven rock/metal... though I like/love Juno Reactor. Freakin' AWESOME stuff.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
XTC - oranges and lemons

the timbre of the album is the unmistakably cheesy 80s sound. but the songs are ace.
#DTWD
Yankee Hotel Foxtrot by Wilco

I don't own it but my friend plays it all of the time and it's really grown on me.
Venetian Snares' My Downfall and also Detrimentalist. Really opened my eyes to electronica and such.
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Molotov

Please get into the Acacia Strain.

On topic, I absolutely LOVE the Dear Hunter, even though I don't really listen to any... well, actually, I don't even know what genre they are. Or any bands that sound like them. But they're definitely not metal, which is what I mostly listen to.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake

Please get into the Acacia Strain.

Is that another album by them? I only like The Harbringer when I'm self-loathing or pretty pissed off, but damn there are some good riffs on there.

And bring back Pikachu!
Quote by lolmnt
I don't like metal really but Mastodon gets me wet.
Quote by Kozlic
Music doesnt need to be quality to be good.

Press eject, give me the tape, if you know what's good for you
Quote by Forkman
I don't like metal really but Mastodon gets me wet.

Early or new Mastodon?
Quote by lolmnt
Most of my music is rock and metal but I really enjoy the Black Eyed Peas' music.
cat
The Fame Monster - Lady Gaga
Vicious Delicious - Infected Mushroom
Revolutionary vol. 1 & 2 - Immortal Technique
Ready To Die - Notorious B.I.G.

I'm a guitarist and vocalist in a melo-death band
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Is that another album by them? I only like The Harbringer when I'm self-loathing or pretty pissed off, but damn there are some good riffs on there.

And bring back Pikachu!

Nah, it's a band. TAS and Molotov are the only two bands that consistently give me adrenaline rushes because of how heavy they are. And I like TAS more than Molotov.

And maybe in a while, right now I'm in love with the Dear Hunter
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
The Slim Shady LP by Eminem,The Love Below by Outkast, and Temporary Forever by Busdriver.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Nah, it's a band. TAS and Molotov are the only two bands that consistently give me adrenaline rushes because of how heavy they are. And I like TAS more than Molotov.

And maybe in a while, right now I'm in love with the Dear Hunter

I'll give them a spin, just don't go trying to shoo me into the Deathcore thread

EDIT: I really like what the vocalist does most of the time, but don't really like the breakdowns :/
Quote by lolmnt
Last edited by DimebagLivesOn at Jul 29, 2010,
Oracular Spectacular by MGMT. Definitely not something I'd normally listen to, but I love it.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
I don't usually listen to top 40 stuff, but Lady Gaga and Katy Perry are two that I like.
Crazier than a fish with titties.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
That was a great troll, and it made me laugh. Which then made me cause I was having a good time being scared shitless

Quote by behind_you
Grandfather clocks and jizz.
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
I'll give them a spin, just don't go trying to shoo me into the Deathcore thread

EDIT: I really like what the vocalist does most of the time, but don't really like the breakdowns :/

How can you like Molotov breakdowns but not TAS ones? What song did you listen to?

Also try this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0VOA8mjdME
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
How can you like Molotov breakdowns but not TAS ones? What song did you listen to?

Also try this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0VOA8mjdME

I'm selective about the Molotov ones, they wouldn't have as obvious breakdowns, and this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUgCxVbtlMQ
Quote by lolmnt
I really enjoy Periphery and After the Burial despite the fact that I can't stand any other Sumerian Records artists. I also enjoy Neutral Milk Hotel though my preferred style music is definitely not that.

Also, Lady Gaga FTW
Page 1 of 2