Hi guys,

I really love stuff like Andy Mckee's Drifting, but I don't think i'm good enough to attempt that yet.

Could you suggest any relatively novice percussive acoustic songs?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Tapping is an advanced technique by nature. There are tutorials around to give you some ideas, but conquering the basics is the first step. I'd recommend experimenting with the many different ways to make sounds as a way to introduce yourself to it.
Last edited by GC Shred Off at Jul 30, 2010,
maybe some newton faulkner, for percussive? he does do a few knocks on the guitar top, and some tapping stuff, but i agree with GC, its a hard technique, so an easy song with percussive elements and tapping, is hard to come by.

if you like drifting though, by all means have a go at it. theres nothing stopping you from trying it. once you break it down, its not impossible, as with anything.
Actually, Drifting is one of the easier ones to figure out. Just try starting it, and see where it takes you.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Well, I play some relatively percussive stuff (mostly improv). I do have a few tips
- Don't hit too hard, you can really damage the bracing easily with repeated banging on the guitar.
-Start off with a slow beat. The "bass drum" sound is usually in the bridge area. The snare sound is on the bottom edge, where the strap pin is.
- You need to be able to do tap ons.Here's a great page to learn more about it: http://www.learngreatguitar.com/acoustic-guitar-tapping.html
Since your strumming hand will be busy doing things other than strumming (calm down, hormonally inbalanced guys), you will need to know how to tap with your fretting hand, hard enough to produce a loud clean note.
- Have fun!
- Good luck!
Happy Playing!
brandon-Richard
Try Newton Faulkners 'Teardrop' its not too complex, i also agree 'Drifting' is not the most difficult.