ok, so i have an audition coming up, have never really done one before. Its always been i meet people get to know them, then figure out they play and then we start jamming once weve been hanging out. Just wanted some advice to ease the jitters, or things that are good/bad in an audition environment. Im comfortable playing and my skills, just new people, basically starting from scratch with ideas ie. new band. Sounds like theyre level headed, my age (23-27) and around same skills. Just looking for support or advice on how to handle a first meeting/ audition, you know so it runs smooth.
Well, if they play jazz, don't do a blazing metal solo. Or conversely, if they play metal, don't do a jazz chord progression. I mean, stands to reason that you'd try to show you can play the type of music they play.
Be nice. And cool.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Get slightly buzzed beforehand.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Get completely smashed beforehand.
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
Fap and get trashed beforehand. Then fap again.
Quote by ACG

In conclusion, I'm gay.

Mud Sergeant of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

"Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join."
Always say words like "groovy" and "stylin."
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Quote by Gman400
Always say words like "groovy" and "stylin."

Also comment on how spiffy and nifty everything is.

And don't forget spectacular.
If they have any material out recorded with prior bandmates, or demoed, be sure to check it out; get the best idea of their sound that you can.
i understand that, which i am, i gues just new to auditions, oh and fap??
Yeah, jazz up your metal and fap all the way to the bank.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Bring girls who will sleep with them. I'd let someone in my band who brought girls to bang. I mean isn't that why anyone plays music, for teh ladiez?
^ was said while intoxicated, so don't hold it against me.

98% of teens have been around or used alcohol, put this in your signature if you like bagels.