Well I'm trying to figure out how I can get all the features I would like, in a guitar

more or less, the ibanez 4570Z is pretty much exactly what I would want, minus a few things, like I would prefer a different inlay, maybe different pots, I would prefer a thru neck to a bolt on

could I get this guitar like this, like with after work, is there a different guitar brand that has a guitar just like I want, or must I go custom

also, if i must go custom, what are some good places I can go?

thanks

PS: how's my taste in guitars?
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
Last edited by Metalmaker at Jul 29, 2010,
maybe jackson?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
carvin?
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
http://www.jacksonguitars.com/customshop/specform/

Jackson custom shop.
According to them, all you have to do, is take it into an authorized jackson dealer shop or whatever, then they do magic and within a couple months and $10,000(Probably) you get your dream!

EDIT: This is what the website says:
Want to place an order for this instrument? Just print out this quote form and take it with you to your authorized Jackson dealer!

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/customshop/specform/qf_compute.php

That's what the form would look like.
Hope that helped!
Last edited by LolCatGuitar at Jul 29, 2010,
Quote by coolstoryangus
If you dont want it to be totally out of this world expensive definatly look into carvin.

Well the 4570Z is pretty much exactly it, and it's about 2500 with tax and shipping I think, but if I could get the same with the changes I want, without it being too much more, I would, but I think it'll coat too much, I would like to keep it under 3000
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
What kind of inlay are you wanting? Any inlay resembling complicated will cost you at least a thousand from most builders. And why do you prefer neck through?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Metalmaker
Well the 4570Z is pretty much exactly it, and it's about 2500 with tax and shipping I think, but if I could get the same with the changes I want, without it being too much more, I would, but I think it'll coat too much, I would like to keep it under 3000

You should probably get the 4570z then. Think about it this way. With a custom guitar you have a long wait for it to get built. With the ibanez you'll get it very quickly and if its just minor details you want changed i'd just go with that and not bother with the little details tbh
Yeah I was kinda thinking as much

why neck through? Better feel and access

I would want an inlay like in a Jem 7v so complex but not overmuch
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
Quote by Metalmaker
Yeah I was kinda thinking as much

why neck through? Better feel and access

I would want an inlay like in a Jem 7v so complex but not overmuch

Honestly The ibanez neck joints practically already feel like a neck thru with the AANJ
Quote by coolstoryangus
Honestly The ibanez neck joints practically already feel like a neck thru with the AANJ

This.

If you get a bolt on you can get any options you want from places like ET Guitars for well within your budget. A neck through with a decent inlay and a figured top will surely top $3000.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Dude... ET guitars looks like my dream, custom ibanez's

do they do any true custom work?
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
Not really. All they do is listed on the website. You have to pick one of their bodies, necks and inlays. Jaden Rose in the UK used to build custom Ibanez style guitars but he's moved on to his own stuff now. You might be able to get him to build you something but they're pretty pricy from what I remember.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

*sigh...

I guess until I either breakdown and go custom, or ibanez alters their line some the 4570 is my dream guitar, thanks guys
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
You ever play a Jackson Soloist? I always figured is to be the S series.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."