I'm at a loss. The last time I looked at my bass, the frets (like the metal protrusions on the neck) looked green. I thought it could possibly have been because I kept my bass in the trunk of my car in the winter. I'm confused tho, it looked like a copper-rust-green type color, what can i do?
^namely, a couple good swipes with it.

just rub off the nasty.

I was expecting something about somebody make special green frets, totally disappointed. that'd be beastly.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
1. Take off the strings of your bass.
2. Cover up the neck between each fret with tape.
3. Get some steel wool and gently rub the fret wire until the green is gone.
4. Rub the fret wire with a soft cloth
5. Put the strings back on.

Sorted. Alternatively, you can cover one fret wire with the tape on each side, wipe it, then move the tape to the next one.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Nickel (II) Oxide has a nice green color to it, similar to Copper Oxide. To prevent this, make sure you wipe down the frets and strings with either a cotton cloth or a microfiber cloth in order to remove any excess sweat and water from the surfaces. This will help to mitigate the corrosion.
Fender 5 String Jazz Bass
Fender Precision Bass
Peavey TNT 115
EHX Bass Big Muff Pi
Daneletro Cool Cat OD V2 (excellent pedal)
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom Semi-Hollow
Peavey Classic 30
Vox V845 Classic Wah Pedal
Quote by the humanity
^namely, a couple good swipes with it.

just rub off the nasty.

I was expecting something about somebody make special green frets, totally disappointed. that'd be beastly.

Agreed
Telecaster bass :
FINALLY PLAYABLE!
[x]body
[x]neck
[x]humbucker
[x]jazz pup
[x]split p pups
[x]hardware
[x]bridge
[x]pickguard
[ ]finish/paint
[x]wiring/electronics
Clean your bass a lot more. This is just like skin build up I think, and it's fixed just as easily.