do signature guitars always increase in value overtime or only specific models that were discontinued?
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
Epiphone Slash Signature Les Paul
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
TC Electronics Ditto Looper
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Electro-Harmonix Freeze Sound Retainer
i guess it depends on the model, how limited the numbers made were/years of production, and who's sig it is.
I <3 P-90's
well in specific my epiphone slash les paul standard plus it was made in 08 so its not even close to old but there were only 2000 made worldwide so would this increase in value most likely over the years?
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Quote by guitarguyz61
well in specific my epiphone slash les paul standard plus it was made in 08 so its not even close to old but there were only 2000 made worldwide so would this increase in value most likely over the years?

It all depends on who wants it, the price they're willing to pay, and the rarity.

If there's only 2000 world wide, and the demand is somewhat there, then it should increase to some degree.
How many of those Metal Mulisha and Clockwork Zombie guitars did LTD make? 10 years, no one is gonna care much more than now.

Same concept with a signature guitar, especially for JEMs. They'll be producing JEMs for years. One you buy now won't be worth much more in the future.

Any Dimebag Darrel guitar you buy won't be worth a whole lot more in the future, either.

Any signature guitar really won't be worth "that much" in the future. You can buy Yngwie Malmsteen's $15,000 strat... it won't really be worth $15,000 to someone in the next 10 years.

Same with Jeff Beck's $50,000 Gibson LP Oxblood... doesn't matter. Just because you wasted $50,000 on it, doesn't mean anyone is going to pay $50,000 for it in 10 years.

The problem is: production. There's a lot of these guitars around (okay, so maybe not the Jeff Beck sigs, but still), and they will be for awhile. It's more like a scam for you to think that the guitar will be more expensive in 10 years than it actually will be.

Also, there's not really a market for these kinds of guitars per se... there really aren't that many people out there looking for signature guitars to collect. More people are after vintage guitars.
the jeff beck is $50,000?/?/?/// holy ****k id rather buy a bunch oh great gibsons that are like $5000 and a full stack marshall then waste it on that guitar why is it so much? better yet who would buy it? and back to the topic slash is a very highly rated guitarist so i assumed that this would maybe increase in value over they years but now slash releases so many sigs this guitar was his 1st sig i believe but still a great buy and im not saying id want to part with it anytime soon im just curious about the value
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Quote by guitarguyz61
the jeff beck is $50,000?/?/?/// holy ****k id rather buy a bunch oh great gibsons that are like $5000 and a full stack marshall then waste it on that guitar why is it so much? better yet who would buy it? and back to the topic slash is a very highly rated guitarist so i assumed that this would maybe increase in value over they years but now slash releases so many sigs this guitar was his 1st sig i believe but still a great buy and im not saying id want to part with it anytime soon im just curious about the value

The 50 guitars that were played and hand signed by Jeff Beck are $5,000. The VOS ones are like $8,000.. anyway.

It's not really going to increase over time. It might stay about the price you bought it, but since it's an Epiphone, and most people would probably be after the AFD and other Gibson Slash models, don't expect much with it.

Also, people who collect guitars like that want them in next to factory condition. That means very few dings, scratches, play-wear, etc.
i didnt know he was going to release the AFD lp i would have got the epiphone of that because his gibsons have outragous prices your paying more for the name then the guitar i mean its like $3000 or $4000 from what i remeber but if they made an epiphone i would have got that but its basicly the same guitar different finish i mean the duncans are still in that guitar i think so it was really just another excuse to make money =/
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
It's more the time that matters, not necessarily the guitar.
With signature guitars, the value will be proportionate to the fame/success of the artist. Fame goes up, value goes up. Fame goes down, value goes down.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
well i dont see slashs fame going down anytime soon but im not sure how much higher he can take it either hahahahah
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby