I really liked the solo, and the tone of the solo. The only thing i can really critique is the rhythm track seems to get lost during the solo. Overall pretty sweet though.
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
like someone said on youtube, sounded propper dark, and it did!
was good though

the solo tone was reaaaal nice

the rhythm could have been a bit clearer in places but it still sounded pretty cool

well played too man

liked it

do more stuff soon? =]
Quote by alexgepgepgep
like getting punched in the face with awesome

Quote by diler1089
"I am Osiris" at 2.22 i like how it goes "BA-BA-BA-BA---Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba---BA-BA--Ba-Ba-

its badass.

FAIR ONE
Your guitar is either poorly intonated or out of tune.

I liked the chuggy riff, it is indeed really dark. The improvising was varied. Some stuff was interesting like the pull offs at 1:03, but most of the leaps up and down the scale was poor. The hammer ons at 1:11 was uneven. Can't hear all the notes. Needs practice! ^^

There's some ups and downs, keep practicing, learn more varied licks!
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
i dug the rhythm you used to solo over, but the solo tone seemed out of place.. a little too digital i suppose. Otherwise pretty sweet for an improv.
Quote by bdof
It was pretty good, lots of clipping though. I'll agree with the one poster on your video that it does sound pretty dark....in a good way.

Here's mine

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1341315

It's just the guitar track, but I'm pretty proud of it. Cheers

Thanks! Yeah, I'm just now catching on that my mp3's are clipping after I export them, I use only listen to the wav's, and thats been the downfall of a few tracks. Anyway, I find it ironic everyone thinks its dark, since I felt really bad because I thought it sounded way too deathcorey and not prog-evily lol. But if you guys say so its most def fine by me.

Quote by Vandals572
I really liked the solo, and the tone of the solo. The only thing i can really critique is the rhythm track seems to get lost during the solo. Overall pretty sweet though.

Thanks, and yeah I noticed the rhythm track does get lost, I couldn't find that nirvana between the rhythm volume and the solo volume, so I kinda just let the solos volume and tone dominate. Thanks for the words though! If this is passable as a decent sounding solo I think I might start writing them and actually getting back to writing songs.

Quote by El Boyo
like someone said on youtube, sounded propper dark, and it did!
was good though

the solo tone was reaaaal nice

the rhythm could have been a bit clearer in places but it still sounded pretty cool

well played too man

liked it

do more stuff soon? =]

Thanks! Will be doin' a crapload of these little videos when I can. I'm sure when I get my stuff setup in my dorm room, I'll probably be puttin these things out everyday inbetween classes...that is, if I aren't too hungover.

Quote by BlisteringDDj
Your guitar is either poorly intonated or out of tune.

I liked the chuggy riff, it is indeed really dark. The improvising was varied. Some stuff was interesting like the pull offs at 1:03, but most of the leaps up and down the scale was poor. The hammer ons at 1:11 was uneven. Can't hear all the notes. Needs practice! ^^
There's some ups and downs, keep practicing, learn more varied licks!

Theres a slight bow in the neck, and the B is tuned up a few semitones. You obviously have a better ear than mine because in this particular song I didn't hear it that much. Thanks for the crit though! I'm trying to work on variation, but I don't have the most awesome alternate picking, so sometimes when I think of licks with good note choices, I can't play 'em that fast, and the ones I can play fast are just the same 'ole scale runs. Im gettin there though! thanks again.

Quote by JudgeDrey
Ahhhhhhh Sami-san!

Sensei!
When are we gonna see some Drey videos?!