I just got an invitation to join a black/death/thrash metal band. Well, not exactly an invitation to join just yet, but more like "we like you so let's talk first". I'd love to join since there are no other serious musicians around here, but there are a few major problems:

1) Distance. All the band members live pretty far away from each other and the city they are based out of is almost 2 hours away from where I live.

2) I may not be good/experienced enough I've only been in one band before and it wasn't even a serious one. We just got together and played one or two shows. These guys already have two independent albums and have been featured in a few local magazines and stuff. Their music is also much faster than anything I've ever played (I don't really like black/death metal so the fastest I've played is some Megadeth) so I don't know if I'd be able to keep up with them.

I would like to give it a shot because this sounds like a great opportunity but those two problems I mentioned are kind of stopping me.
All they said is that they'll talk to you, so just think about that before you get your hopes up too high.
Go for it. I mean since they haven't asked you to join the band, the worse thing they can say is, "hey, doesn't look like this is going to work out. Sorry."
Sail upon the open skies
Depends on how seriouse the band is going to be, if it's just for fun and messing around a little bit then go ahead, if your going to be a seriouse band, try to find away around the problems, but if you can't it might not work out very well.
Quote by darkcheef
All they said is that they'll talk to you, so just think about that before you get your hopes up too high.

I know. I'm just worried about making a two hour trip just to make a fool out of myself. I have no experience with the type of music they play.
Just do it, if it doesn't work out then it doesn't work out, and if it does then great
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Trust me, when you're in a serious band, your ability skyrockets. You'll catch up quick.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Quote by sticksause
I know. I'm just worried about making a two hour trip just to make a fool out of myself. I have no experience with the type of music they play.

Tell them exactly this. Well not exactly, make it so your talking to them and not about them but otherwise this.
PSN: KevGuy47
------▓▓▓▓▓
----▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
----▒▒▒░░
--░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒
------░░░░░░░
----▒▒▒▒▒
--▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒
░░▓▓░░
░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
----▓▓▓----▓▓▓
--▒▒▒--------▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒--------▒▒▒▒
Don't worry about it, because there's nothing you can do about it if you can't join. Just play well and have fun and you might get to be in the band
cat