Yeah, I have no idea what the title stands for, sorry.

But - I did get some new stuff for Russia, so I thought I'd share!

Yes - Another one!

Compared to the blackface I had earlier in the month, this one doesn't sound as good, but it's not far off. The "blackface" (it wasn't really a true blackface, it just had a black diamond plate grille - the true ones have a black chassis as well) was bias modded, and that's where the difference comes from. The other one was also quite a bit lower serial number, not sure if that makes a difference, I think they're both still Rev. G's. I'm not really sure how to explain it though, but either way, this one still sounds ****ing beastly, I wouldn't be dissapointed with either. 2 Channel Rectos, definitely one of my favorite amps ever, so raw and in your face. Is nice.

Clipz in mah profile - Bit too much mids, but I didn't realize where I had the dials set until after I'd recorded half of it, so **** it!

Mesa Nomad 55 - Definitely an interesting one. I can see where people say these things have a real love/hate relationship. It's very much middle ground between a Recto and a Mark. It's voiced more like a Mark... but it has a loose lowend, and all the settings of a Recto (Clean/Pushed, Normal/Modern, Modern/Vintage), quite interesting. The reverb on this thing is pretty bitchin, gets a pretty awesome washy sound if you set it high, but it's noisy. The clean channel is AMAZING on this thing, the price alone is worth it for that one channel. The 2nd channel seems to be the tighter of the two distortion channels (but maybe that's just because I'm running it on the Normal (Vintage) setting, which seems to be tighter on all Rectos), great for riffing. The lead channel is flubbier (running it on Modern), but sounds awesome for leads, you can tighten it up on Vintage, but there's not as much gain. Overall, the amp doesn't have as much gain as a modern Mark or Recto, but it's not far off. With a boost, it sounds beastly, but man... those cleans...

Clipz in teh pr0filez.

P.S. I got a new amp for myself today... but the NAD won't be till next week, when I get the cab for it!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
happy nad. lucky bastard
Guitars:
94' Epiphone Les Paul Honeyburst
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
So how much are you making shipping amps to Russia?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
God damnnn Mongorrrriannssssss!! I mean MatrixClaw :P
amps come and go but you can always come back to a good ol Dual Rec

I need to get one of those soon
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Jul 30, 2010,
Don't do this to me man, I rarely browse these parts of the forums...Everytime I see you post, there's always a WANT factor, that just outweighs everything in my life.

Nice nice though. Christ that sounded sexy.
It's like god and satan shagged then adopted you, you angelic prick.

Thanks for the burning rage and jealously, and have a HNAD asshole.

Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
I couldn't possibly have a job like this. I'd get way too attached to all the great expensive amps
Congrats on getting the sweetest gig on earth; flipping amps to Russia.

Do you re-amp for those clips, so its the exact same thing?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
I wasn't initially sure about the nomad but I quite liked that clip. I have a feeling though that you're next NAD will bring t3h Awesumz just by the way you've been advertising it
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Congrats on getting the sweetest gig on earth; flipping amps to Russia.

Do you re-amp for those clips, so its the exact same thing?

Yup, using the same cab, same speaker and same mic.

That way, all the variables are as close to each other as possible, the only thing different is the amp (and a slight fluctuation in volume)

Is boring to listen to a bunch of the same songs over and over, I know - but is pretty cool for comparing a bunch of tones
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw

Is boring to listen to a bunch of the same songs over and over, I know - but is pretty cool for comparing a bunch of tones

Agreed.

Have fun tonight/tomorrow celebrating with whatever the hell it is you are doing
Quote by Funk Monk
^^^^^

Curious, What cab do you use for these recordings?

Mesa Rectifier Standard (OS), Top Left Vintage 30, SM-57 on-axis.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Agreed.

Have fun tonight/tomorrow celebrating with whatever the hell it is you are doing

Thanks man, I don't even know what's going on. No one gave me any details. I hope I'm not getting whacked for my birthday
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Mesa Rectifier Standard (OS), Top Left Vintage 30, SM-57 on-axis.

*cough* use a *cough* bottom speaker!

Gear:

Ibanez RGT220H
Schecter C1 Elite
Ibanez EWC30
Maxon OD-808
Framus Cobra
Peavey 5150 MK1 Block Letter
ENGL E530 Preamp
Mesa Boogie Standard Rectifier 4x12

Music:

http://www.myspace.com/morethanthisuk
Quote by chrism3006

*cough* use a *cough* bottom speaker!

Well I used the top one because my cabs were stacked and all the heads were in front of them, so I could only get to a top speaker

So I didn't want to change it now.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Oh man, I want that Nomad. That sounds sexy!

Damn you for giving me another amp to want.
Amps
Randall RG50TC, Roland Cube 15x

Guitar
LTD MH-100QM, Washburn X12

Effects and Etc.
Ibanez Weeping Demon, Boss FV-500H, Ibanez TS7, Ibanez PH7, dbx 31-band EQ, ISP Decimator
I liked the Nomad's clean channel but wasn't really impressed with the gain. Liked it better than the recto though.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
The cleans on the Nomad are so ****ing sweet.

I can't decide however whether I prefer the 2 Channel Dual Recto or the 5150 in the Gain/Distortion Department.
A friend of mine is actually looking for an amp and I think he'd absolutely love the tone from the nomad 55(intend to link your profile for him to listen). Are you running an overdrive into that or anything? Thx in advance
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu