First of all, sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum.

Last Thursday (the 22nd) I ordered my first guitar to be shipped to my house. When I say first guitar, I mean the first I've bought for myself. I've been playing the same entry level guitar my father got for me for about five years. I figured it was time for an upgrade.

I ordered the guitar and a hardshell case to fit it. Well, after the company had issues, apparently, with their shipping, they finally sent it out six days later. When I got the tracking information from UPS, it said the package total weight was 12 pounds.

I'm kind of worried that maybe they forgot to ship either the case or the guitar itself. Given the issues they had with even getting it sent out in the first place, I wouldn't put it past them. The guitar I have now is pretty light, but I know they average around 7-10 pounds, right? And for a $100 hardshell case, I would hope it's not lighter than my paperweight.

As you can imagine, I'm pretty inexperienced about guitars and gear, so I don't know if this is something I should be worried about or not. The guitar is slated to arrive next week, so I guess I'll find out anyways, but having a heads up would be nice.

Thanks for any help I can get.
That sounds about right. Most guitars weigh under 8-9 lbs or so. And hardshell cases aren't more than 3-4 lbs.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Ah, okay. That makes me feel much better. I was a little paranoid after they messed up the shipping. Thanks for the quick reply!
My guitar weighs approximately the same as an asteroid flying through space at twenty kabillion inches per week carrying a version of the eiffel tower made of lion's mane yarn from an alternate dimension. My case on the other hand could be compared to the likes of the total cumulative weight of my daily workout regimen, exactly seven million three hundred thousand and forty two decimal eight six ounces. So if you were anything like me, which you aren't, I'd be worried. But because you aren't me you should start trying to be like me.