Please take time to read my question especially if your clued up in the electronics of a guitar.

I'm restoring a vintage hofner ambasador, i hand re-wound the humbucker pickups and meaured a resistance of of about 6 Kohms each, too low i know, but i should hear some output surely albeit low. Problem is i get nothing, i popped a couple of known working pickups in and all works ok. surely there is something fundamentally wrong, but what, if i get resistance, the wire i used is designed for pickups, the coils are fitted in opposite directions to cancel the noise, what else is there to check?

Please please, any thoughts?
Quote by Chris Chan
you might have broken the wire while winding the pickups
but he measures 6k of resistance. if the wire broke, the resistance would be infinite. no connection.

Quote by nickydee
Please take time to read my question especially if your clued up in the electronics of a guitar.

I'm restoring a vintage hofner ambasador, i hand re-wound the humbucker pickups and meaured a resistance of of about 6 Kohms each, too low i know, but i should hear some output surely albeit low. Problem is i get nothing, i popped a couple of known working pickups in and all works ok. surely there is something fundamentally wrong, but what, if i get resistance, the wire i used is designed for pickups, the coils are fitted in opposite directions to cancel the noise, what else is there to check?

Please please, any thoughts?
agreed. even if you have the two coils wired so their outputs are out of phase, the signals are slightly different. So you would get a weak thin tone. But you would hear something.

You did attach the magnet, didn't you?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.