Inb4shitstorm
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Well, it's better than a game that doesn't encourage you to learn guitar at all

But I agree, learning real guitar would be a way better idea.
cat
Quote by metacarpi
Inb4shitstorm

I don't see this causing any controversy.

There'll just be a lot of people saying it'd be easier learning real guitar.
ion is a self-teaching electric guitar. It’s an LED-lit neck and body working in unison with guitar learning software. Tune is always tune

with guitar learning software. Tune is always tune

Tune is always tune

ಠ_ಠ
Screw that, the real men will learn guitar the old way.
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
Well I think the rock band idea is great for songs you have problems learning alone, and if it had a "lessons, excersices and theory" mode, it would be the ultimate guitar teaching tool, and if you pay for a teacher you're gonna spend money anyway. Good idea, but let's see what happens with it.
I like about anything that gets someone interested in music, regardless of the medium or device. It's certainly not going to replace a real guitar. It's essentially like those pianos with the light up keyboard. It could be construed as making the l.e.d.'s a crutch for the player, but then again they'll learn that real quick once they play a guitar without the lights.
All new rhythm games have 1 flaw. Rhythm. You can hit a note like 0.2 seconds after it came by and it will be counted. In the video game you won't notice anything like that. When you will try to play it in REAL life, you'll just end up buying a metronome and having to practice with it for months.
The problem with this is that there'll be 100's of 15 year olds walking around saying they can play guitar when all they can play is a simplified version of songs and have no basic music knoledge.
Quote by Owenlee55
The problem with this is that there'll be 100's of 15 year olds walking around saying they can play guitar when all they can play is a simplified version of songs and have no basic music knoledge.

And that's a bad thing? That sounds like 80% of UG with tabs.
The guitar is only 17 frets which is lame, And you need to learn the song before playing it.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by metacarpi
Inb4shitstorm

Also,
Tune is in always tune, reducing the time a student uses on this elementary task.

So that means after they learn how to play guitar, and if they decide to get a regular one, they won't know how to tune a guitar for their life.
Quote by Owenlee55

So what? I think its a great way to get started. I wish this was around when I was a kid, because maybe I could have gotten started playing at an earlier age.

Stop being a little 10 year old elitist.
Quote by Owenlee55

Only 100's you say? I'd love to reduce the ratio down to that. According to UG the actual number is 1,446,438.
Quote by Owenlee55

You're ignoring the fact that they already exsist, I have some friends who know no theory just a couple of simple songs.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I guess tune is always tune.
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
These goddamn kids and their goddamn easier ways to do things. Back in my day, you learned to play guitar by PLAYING THE GUITAR. Spoiled kids.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Rockband's already doing this.

Anyway, I was fairly open minded about it before because it was just a game. But now it really has gotten to the point where it would be easier (and probably cheaper...) To learn real guitar.

This.

Take it from me, a former Guitar Hero star. I used to go to coke parties, and I've kicked so many friends out my band you won't believe. The record labels don't care, I was playing in front of big crowd, but my old guitarist was left to play in the bowling alley.

In all seriousness, I got WAY too into the game. Maybe even a level of addiction. I've spent so much money on those series that it's not even funny. It's probably in upwards of £1000. £140 for GH2 and 3 (with guitars); £150 for GHWT; GH:GH, GH:M, GH5 together comes to £120; Rock Band 2 w/ RB1 setlist moved over £45. That comes to £445 in physical things. I've also bought 100s of songs for DLC for pretty much all of those games.

I need help. I could've had my dream guitar rig by now.
Quote by Bearded_Seth
This.

Take it from me, a former Guitar Hero star. I used to go to coke parties, and I've kicked so many friends out my band you won't believe. The record labels don't care, I was playing in front of big crowd, but my old guitarist was left to play in the bowling alley.

In all seriousness, I got WAY too into the game. Maybe even a level of addiction. I've spent so much money on those series that it's not even funny. It's probably in upwards of £1000. £140 for GH2 and 3 (with guitars); £150 for GHWT; GH:GH, GH:M, GH5 together comes to £120; Rock Band 2 w/ RB1 setlist moved over £45. That comes to £445 in physical things. I've also bought 100s of songs for DLC for pretty much all of those games.

I need help. I could've had my dream guitar rig by now.

Im the same way, but I don't really have a problem with it. It was fun and it still is. Besides, I was able to break through the whole "confidence" barrier that most new singers have with help from this game. I also noticed that singing helped increase my range. When I started back when Rock Band 1 was out, I couldn't sing the "high" part of "Say It Ain't So".

But now, im singing the high harmonies in Beatles: Rock Band with ease. Of course i've practiced without the game, but just singing helped.

Not only that, but it taught me how to separate my limbs and taught me the essentials of drumming.
Quote by Owenlee55

This already happens.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
Quote by JacobTheMe
Im the same way, but I don't really have a problem with it. It was fun and it still is. Besides, I was able to break through the whole "confidence" barrier that most new singers have with help from this game. I also noticed that singing helped increase my range. When I started back when Rock Band 1 was out, I couldn't sing the "high" part of "Say It Ain't So".

But now, im singing the high harmonies in Beatles: Rock Band with ease. Of course i've practiced without the game, but just singing helped.

Not only that, but it taught me how to separate my limbs and taught me the essentials of drumming.

It pretty much taught me to drum, I still can't sing. But that's probably the best part about the games, the singing and drumming are so close to being real they teach you the essentials, timing and limb independance (drumming) and pitch and timing control (vocals).

I also still find the game fun, but I try to keep away from it. My drums broke anyway and that was what I would play religiously.