Page 1 of 2
I shit you not.

http://www.metro.co.uk/film/836534-titanic-2-trailer-revealed-and-it-s-not-a-joke

Okay, so it seems it will be a straight-to-DVD non-sequel. With no original lead actors, or director...

The plot is a new Titanic sails 100 years on the anniversary of the sinking of the original Titanic, and shit happens.

Pit, discuss... maybe come up with a better plot... or just laugh at the ridiculousness of it all!

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Something about a Tsunami throwing an iceberg into the ship?.. in the year 2012... so yeah kinda!

What happens is that the ruin of the original Titanic become possessed by some deep water demon, and themselves become a sentient, vengeful being.

It then reaps terrible vengence on the city of Southhampton for leaving it abandoned on the ocean floor for so long.

However, being as Southampton is largely on land, it fails miserably, and slinks off back to live unhappily in the oceans depths.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Last edited by metacarpi at Jul 30, 2010,
...seriously?
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

Just why ruin something good?
RIP Tom Searle.
Do not want, one was enough.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Oh my... I don't see this winning any awards. What idiot would make this movie?
Quote by vitchb
Oh my... I don't see this winning any awards. What idiot would make this movie?

It can win some awards... like worst non-sequel ever, worst movie ever, worst idea ever.
Quote by Blayney
The plot is a new Titanic sails 100 years on the anniversary of the sinking of the original Titanic, and shit happens.

"Hey let's go on a ship trip to commemorate another ship trip that went shit!"

Potential Razzies here.
First one was bad enough. Atleast this one might be enjoyable.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Hmm....I like the 2012 theory. That would make for an interesting plot, lol. Although I'm pretty sure the mayans weren't big into sailing. Throw some vikings in there and we got something good going.
It'll probably be as good as Avatar! (I'm saying it's bad.)
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
This is awful. You can't make a sequel to a film based on a true story when the sequel hasn't happened. They've just made a low budget Titanic. I can't see how it's going to be different, except for crap actors.
Quote by Will Swanson
Does it happen because of 2012?

Does you're motto under your user name count down to the 2012 "event"? I noticed it awhile ago and i've never asked.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
I haven't seen Titanic to be honest, but I heard that it's pretty crappy, I wouldn't watch it and the new one just seems like a way for that director guy who did Titanic and Avatar to get more money
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
I'm glad everyone finds this as ridiculous as I do

edit - ^ Cameron isn't involved with this one. I don't blame him at all.

Quote by Fiddly Diddly69
I haven't seen Titanic to be honest, but I heard that it's pretty crappy, I wouldn't watch it and the new one just seems like a way for that director guy who did Titanic and Avatar to get more money

Someone didn't read the OP....
Quote by GLP_Arclite

I personally think it's quite disrespectful too. It's just using a tragedy to make money. Yeah, the original was the highest earning film ever, but that was a good film, had a big budget and did it justice. This looks like a low budget remake to make a quick buck.
Quote by leg end
I personally think it's quite disrespectful too. It's just using a tragedy to make money. Yeah, the original was the highest earning film ever, but that was a good film, had a big budget and did it justice. This looks like a low budget remake to make a quick buck.

It wasn't a good film. And hundreds of films are making money off tragedies.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
whats the bet that this turns out to be a great movie
Quote by BobDetroit
It's all about the abalone. You can't play metal without it. Mother of pearl? MOTO? GTFO!
Quote by metacarpi
What happens is that the ruin of the original Titanic become possessed by some deep water demon, and themselves become a sentient, vengeful being.

It then reaps terrible vengence on the city of Southhampton for leaving it abandoned on the ocean floor for so long.

However, being as Southampton is largely on land, it fails miserably, and slinks off back to live unhappily in the oceans depths.

Which sets the story up for a three-qul... the demon titanic eventually evolves legs and destroys new york... and is revealed to be the true identity of the cloverfield monster.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by primusclaypool1
whats the bet that this turns out to be a great movie

very low odds.
this is the most ridiculous thing i've ever seen. they decide to sail the same course on a ship with the same name but do not think to check if there's an iceberg in the way somewhere along the line
not only that but it's set in the 21st century where the technological advances are so great since 100 years ago so they are able to scan the water ahead and have rescue planes in the event of an emergency. they probably made sure they had enough lifeboats this time around and they probably didn't divide the classes as much so as to make sure the rich get on the boat first and they would design a boat to be more resistant to icebergs after last time or to at least give people more chance of survival.

i really want to see it now to see how they pull it off.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Quote by jambi_mantra
It wasn't a good film. And hundreds of films are making money off tragedies.

Your first point will obviously differ from person to person. And the second one, at least a lot of money and time went into the first film. It was the best selling film of all time until it got beaten by Avatar. There were actual interviews with real life survivors and it was fairly historically accurate.
Quote by leg end
Your first point will obviously differ from person to person. And the second one, at least a lot of money and time went into the first film. It was the best selling film of all time until it got beaten by Avatar. There were actual interviews with real life survivors and it was fairly historically accurate.

Doesn't deny that the fact that most films make money out of tragedies

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
Doesn't deny that the fact that most films make money out of tragedies

I'm not denying anything. And it's a MASSIVE assumption to say most films make money from tragedies. Titanic was a real life tragedy. Most films aren't based on true events. At least the original film had a documentary at the end that included the real facts about the actual incident so it was educating people about it. And James Cameron has a real passion for film making and is damn good at it. This new film is a low budget, unimaginative, crappy remake made to make a quick buck.
Quote by leg end
I'm not denying anything. And it's a MASSIVE assumption to say most films make money from tragedies. Titanic was a real life tragedy. Most films aren't based on true events. At least the original film had a documentary at the end that included the real facts about the actual incident so it was educating people about it. And James Cameron has a real passion for film making and is damn good at it. This new film is a low budget, unimaginative, crappy remake made to make a quick buck.

So it's ok to make money from a tragedy if you chuck a lot of money at it?

And it's not. Think of it this way. Every war film ever, almost every film involving Africa, every film based around terrorism. Every horror film that's "based on true events". Any film that is about the Holocaust. That's a pretty massive amount of films.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
So it's ok to make money from a tragedy if you chuck a lot of money at it?

And it's not. Think of it this way. Every war film ever, almost every film involving Africa, every film based around terrorism. Every horror film that's "based on true events". Any film that is about the Holocaust. That's a pretty massive amount of films.

Not all of them are based on true events, Some just show the army fighting fictional enemies.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Nobody will watch this!
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Not all of them are based on true events, Some just show the army fighting fictional enemies.

This is a fictional boat, on a fictional journey, hitting a fictional iceberg.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Will there be tits?
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Part one was crap and this will be worse. Looks like something for bad-movie-days.

^You won't see tits so far from the coast. Seagulls maybe.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Jul 30, 2010,
Quote by jambi_mantra
This is a fictional boat, on a fictional journey, hitting a fictional iceberg.

But not all war movies or horror movies or holocaust movies are based off real stories.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
But not all war movies or horror movies or holocaust movies are based off real stories.

Well now you've changed it, true events and true stories aren't the same thing. Technically this isn't based on a true story, because none of it happened. It's vaguely based on true events but even then not really coz none of it happened. It's more taken inspiration I don't even care, I hated the first one so it's not like I'm going to watch it, it's just fun arguing semantics.

And I'd be pretty worried if a holocaust film wasn't based on real events.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
Well now you've changed it, true events and true stories aren't the same thing. Technically this isn't based on a true story, because none of it happened. It's vaguely based on true events but even then not really coz none of it happened. It's more taken inspiration I don't even care, I hated the first one so it's not like I'm going to watch it, it's just fun arguing semantics.

Well youre right I just googled that movie it was basedon true events, my bad then I guess.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by jambi_mantra

I'd pay to watch zombie jews fight zombie nazi's in zombie ww2 where zombies roamed the earth.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelsean
I'd pay to watch zombie jews fight zombie nazi's in zombie ww2 where zombies roamed the earth.

Zombie Nazis?

Check of Dead Snow and thank me later.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Page 1 of 2